• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (4 Viewers)

PS. My sympathies. It must be annoying to have that illiterate moron crawl out of the undergrowth with his inane comments in your support whenever we get into one of these wrangles. [And how's that for a fine array of "pejoratives" in a single not very long sentence. ;)]

No need, I'm actually most appreciative of being supported by someone of a different political view who's clearly literate enough to comprehend both of us. :t:

BTW, The term "illiterate moron" is closely tied with the American eugenics movement, of which I hope you're not a member. Absent that, it really serves no useful purpose to insult someone, and it's certainly not a basis for pride or admiration.

Ed

Last edited:
No need, I'm actually most appreciative of being supported by someone of a different political view who's clearly literate enough to comprehend both of us. :t:

Nonsense, he comprehends nothing, he's just a mouth spouting far-right gibberish.

BTW, The term "illiterate moron" is closely tied with the American eugenics movement, of which I hope you're not a member. Absent that, it really serves no useful purpose to insult someone, and is certainly not a basis for pride or admiration.

Yes, yes, I'm well aware of the old "mental defective" typology, parts of which, as you surely know, passed into the common speech long ago as generalized insults. As it happens, I substituted "lamebrain" for "moron" prior to reading your post, not for reasons of political correctness, but as more accurately descriptive of our friend's cognitive abilities.

And of the 3 of us, the one most likely to subscribe to eugenics doctrine is neither you nor me. . .. See, for example, his views on "melanin" in another thread.

[But, now, I'm afraid, after your spirited defense of the poor little snowflake, you'll never get rid him, he'll be following you around like a puppy wherever you go.]

Last edited:
And if they were, so what? :brains:

Just making the point that the vast majority of anti-AGW sentiment comes not from the handful of maverick scientists you cite but from politically motivated right-wingers of various stripes and their dupes.

Nonsense, he comprehends nothing, he's just a mouth spouting far-right gibberish.

Yes, yes, I'm well aware of the old "mental defective" typology, parts of which, as you surely know, passed into the common speech long ago as generalized insults. As it happens, I substituted "lamebrain" for "moron" prior to reading your post, not for reasons of political correctness, but as more accurately descriptive of our friend's cognitive abilities.

And of the 3 of us, the one most likely to subscribe to eugenics doctrine is neither you nor me. . .. See, for example, his views on "melanin" in another thread.

[But, now, I'm afraid, after your spirited defense of the little fellow, you'll never get rid him, he'll be following you around like a puppy wherever you go.]

As far a litebeam is concerned, I was pleasantly surprised sometime back that we could openly interact without the need for insult or innuendos. That's all I ask of any discussant, not that they share my views (if I could figure them out). In potentially contentious cases, such as his earlier reference to 'melanin,' clarifying what he may have meant would be far more productive than repeatedly pelting him with accusations. It's a fair question, I think, but none of us is entitled to be the grand inquisitor. Everyone (except Steve) is equal here.
:frog:

Last edited:
Nonsense, he comprehends nothing, he's just a mouth spouting far-right gibberish....
Litebeam has mentioned several times before that he runs a few head of cattle on his property .....

as such, he would be more than qualified to call out *BS* when he sees it ;)

Chosun :gh:

As far a litebeam is concerned, I was pleasantly surprised sometime back that we could openly interact without the need for insult or innuendos. That's all I ask of any discussant, not that they share my views (if I could figure them out). In potentially contentious cases, such as his earlier reference to 'melanin,' clarifying what he may have meant would be far more productive than repeatedly pelting him with accusations. It's a fair question, I think, but none of us is entitled to be the grand inquisitor. Everyone (except Steve) is equal here.

Sorry, Ed, you're telling me I can't call somebody out for overt racism? Doing so isn't the act of a "grand inquisitor" but the normal reaction of decent people everywhere. And we well know what he meant by his melanin remark--no clarification necessary--in spite of his craven attempts to walk it back in later posts. Ditto for his hatred and fear of Muslims.

In matters of this kind, even Blue Steve, must abide our question. . .. ;)

Nah, let me break the logjam. The only melanin reference litebeam made is HERE.

Referring to Obama he said:
...The guy was a lightweight, ill-equipped for the job, He had eloquence and melanin, and a checkered past littered with un-American radicals.

I don't agree with him, for the most part, but have no objection to Obama being referred to as an eloquent black man, keeping in mind that his mother was white so he might have turned out to be an eloquent white man. If so, would he still have been elected as the first half-black white man? Maybe so, maybe not. Melanin probably helped. I never did ask him what "un-American radical past" Obama had, — 'cause that would really have been informative.

Sorry, in context I don't see a problem, and on reflection I interpreted it that way at the time. In fact, I think he put it in a very literate way.

Ed

PS. My sympathies. It must be annoying to have that illiterate lamebrain crawl out of the undergrowth with his inane comments in your support whenever we get into one of these wrangles. [And how's that for a fine array of "pejoratives" in a single not very long sentence. ;)]

Ahhh....keep trying, Fugs.
Your antagonism is always badge of honor and brings a smile to my face.
Trying to juxtapose your 'moron, lamebrain' comments here about me verses what I actually share here, it's laughable. I have much to learn, but I am an educated man.
It is one thing to disagree, but the constant berating is exactly what elkcub alluded to. You having nothing else but ad hom attacks.

Last edited:
Nah, let me break the logjam. The only melanin reference litebeam made is HERE.

Referring to Obama he said:

I don't agree with him, for the most part, but have no objection to Obama being referred to as an eloquent black man, keeping in mind that his mother was white so he might have turned out to be an eloquent white man. If so, would he still have been elected as the first half-black white man? Maybe so, maybe not. Melanin probably helped. I never did ask him what "un-American radical past" Obama had, — 'cause that would really have been informative.

Sorry, in context I don't see a problem, and on reflection I interpreted it that way at the time. In fact, I think he put it in a very literate way.

Ed
One shouldn't see a problem. I've said it in the past with complete honesty...the best part of Obama was his blackness! It brought hope and vision to our country. Unfortunately he was a huge disappointment in race relations, BLM et al. and that 'failed' sentiment is shared by a large consensus of Black Americans. Many feel betrayed by the man.
The last resort of the coward is to paint a man as a racist. I rest my case.

And...Un-American past? Obama's mentors were Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. Research the men and get back to me sometime.

Last edited:
Ahhh....keep trying, Fugs.
Your antagonism is always badge of honor and brings a smile to my face.
Trying to juxatpose your 'moron, lamebrain' comments here about me verses what I actually share here, it's laughable. I have much to learn, but I am an educated man.
It is one thing to disagree, but the constant berating is exactly what elkcub alluded to. You having nothing else but ad hom attacks.

Verses? You mean like "I think I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree"? "Educated man", hmmm. . ..

Last edited:
One shouldn't see a problem. I've said it in the past with complete honesty...the best part of Obama was his blackness! It brought hope and vision to our country. Unfortunately he was a huge disappointment in race relations, BLM et al. and that 'failed' sentiment is shared by a large consensus of Black Americans. Many feel betrayed by the man.

And...Un-American past? Obama's mentors were Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. Research the men and get back to me sometime.

Really, Obama's "blackness. . .brought hope and vision" to you personally? Somehow, I don't think so, particularly in view of those alleged evil "mentors" that you're so exercised about (you can't even keep your story straight from one paragraph to the next, can you?). Denial of racism is both the first and last resort of the hypocrite.

The Obama administration poisoned race relations? How exactly, by cracking down on police brutality and fighting against voter suppression laws? And the BLM? What happened there, the Feds interfered with your "ranching" operations in some way, did they? It's all personal with you it seems. Like small-minded bigots everywhere, you've no conception at all of a greater good.

Oh, and a "large consensus of black Americans" feel betrayed by Obama. Where on earth did you come up with that phony statistic, Breitbart News, Daily Stormer?

Last edited:
To me, personally? To everyone.
I know I don't fit into your little 'racist' box, too bad. But I think all men truly are created equal.
One can be a conservative and love all men of any color. Sick and tired of creeps from the left, the party of the KKK and Jim Crow, claiming moral superiority as it relates to race. Democrats are the party of racism.

Unfortunately spineless Republicans have allowed the media to distort that without a fight, and they have ceded ground to Democrats who strive to keep minorities right where they want them for voting purposes.

And if you aren't aware of the dissatisfaction of Black Americans overall with Obama's performance, you are blind to reality.

Black Lives Matter....not the Bureau of Land Management.
Your conjured "cattle ranching" conspiracy theories have clearly gone to your head.

Last edited:

Well, I found this Wiki paragraph concerning Bill Ayers and Obama, which speaks for itself. I have no reason to question it since it was evidently a guilt-by-association tactic of the McCain campaign.:
... Obama–Ayers Controversy[edit]
Main article: Bill Ayers 2008 presidential election controversy
During the 2008 U.S. presidential campaign, a controversy arose about Ayers' contacts with then-candidate Barack Obama, a matter that had been public knowledge in Chicago for years.[73] After being raised by the American and British press[73][74][75] the connection was picked up by conservative blogs and newspapers in the United States. The matter was raised in a campaign debate by moderator George Stephanopoulos, and later became an issue for the John McCain presidential campaign. Investigations by The New York Times, CNN, and other news organizations concluded that Obama does not have a close relationship with Ayers.[75][76][77][78]
In an op-ed piece after the election, Ayers denied any close association with Obama, and criticized the Republican campaign for its use of guilt by association tactics.[44]

Jeremiah Wright was a very unfortunate situation, again leading to blaming Obama for outrageous words spoken by someone else. Guilt by association. I don't believe either he or Ayers were Obama's "mentors" — but you may choose to believe otherwise. Melanin may well have played a role here too.

"Obamacare," i.e. the ACA, was fought tooth and nail by the Republicans during his first term, and that rose to blind fury after the first mid-term and throughout his entire second term. During that period not a single effort was made by Congress to find and fix problems with the initial ACA even though it was modeled after the Republican Massachusetts Health Care Reform under Gov. Geo. Romney, which he disavowed when he ran for President. My children happened to benefit from the ACA since it eliminated the scourge of "prior conditions.'

Such is the nature of vicious, hateful politics in the Unites States, which led to the election of a vicious, hateful President in 2016, — a man who really does have racist views and criminal connections dating back many decades. His criminally convicted father, who he revered, was his mentor. The results we see playing out in front of our eyes.

Ed :-C

Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dorn were best friends with the Obamas, 'McCain' and his campaign notwithstanding.
That isn't even debatable. If you think you'll get any honesty from CNN or the NYT, think again. Ayers and Dorn were domestic terrorists and the last thing the media wanted was a solid link between them.
Ayers publicly stated he actually penned Obama's book, "Dreams of my Father"...
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/ayers_affirms_he_wrote_dreams.html

Way off topic and I've said enough on these people. G'night.

To me, personally? To everyone.
I know I don't fit into your little 'racist' box, too bad. But I think all men truly are created equal.
One can be a conservative and love all men of any color. Sick and tired of creeps from the left, the party of the KKK and Jim Crow, claiming moral superiority as it relates to race. Democrats are the party of racism.

Unfortunately spineless Republicans have allowed the media to distort that without a fight, and they have ceded ground to Democrats who strive to keep minorities right where they want them for voting purposes.

And if you aren't aware of the dissatisfaction of Black Americans overall with Obama's performance, you are blind to reality.

Black Lives Matter....not the Bureau of Land Management.

Your conjured "cattle ranching" conspiracy theories have clearly gone to your head.

So, you voted for Obama, did you, since you found him so inspirational? I thought not. How about our failing president, your boy Trump? Still see him as the Great White Hope? Yes, I thought so

The KKK migrated to the the Republican Party decades ago where they've found a congenial home ever since along with neo-nazis and most of the other far-right fringe groups in the country, or haven't you been keeping up with current events? Blacks, Hispanics and other racial minorities are as solidly in the Democratic camp as they ever were; thus the frantic Republican attempts to deny them the franchise by gerrymandering and voter suppression laws. You must know all this--everybody with an interest in politics does--but choose to deny it in the service of whatever discreditable motives drive your cultural and racial resentments.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/ayers_affirms_he_wrote_dreams.html.

Christ, that's your idea of evidence? Unsupported assertion published uncritically in a ludicrously misnamed rag like "American Thinker". "Educated man" my SFA!

Last edited:
Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dorn were best friends with the Obamas, 'McCain' and his campaign notwithstanding.
That isn't even debatable. If you think you'll get any honesty from CNN or the NYT, think again. Ayers and Dorn were domestic terrorists and the last thing the media wanted was a solid link between them.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/ayers_affirms_he_wrote_dreams.html

Way off topic and I've said enough on these people. G'night.

Except for the laws of thermodynamics everything is debatable.

The only evidence you've presented seems to be Ayers' own statement, and that includes: "Now if you can help me prove that I wrote it, I’ll split the royalties with you.” Which means that he can't prove that he wrote the book. It sounds like a complete fabrication to me.

Here is Snopes' synopsis of The Ayer's relationship to the Obamas. The assertion that Ayers was Obama's close friend, and that he wrote the book (apparently out of whole cloth) again doesn't add up. The assertion don't pass smell test.

Got anything more compelling?

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back