• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (7 Viewers)

This clearing and drying of the landscape though is THE major factor in any man made contributions to warming, by a factor of ten - there's a schematic buried in this thread somewhere ....

And yes, the "plastification" of the oceans is a crime - between that and the "big monument to America's giant f-k up" - the dodgy plutonium dump on the Marshall Islands (in fact the whole nuclear atrocity committed in the Pacific) , it's enough to make you sick - literally ..... http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ar-test-leaking-due-to-climate-change/9161442

Chosun :gh:

This clearing and drying of the landscape though is THE major factor in any man made contributions to warming, by a factor of ten - there's a schematic buried in this thread somewhere ....

And yes, the "plastification" of the oceans is a crime - between that and the "big monument to America's giant f-k up" - the dodgy plutonium dump on the Marshall Islands (in fact the whole nuclear atrocity committed in the Pacific) , it's enough to make you sick - literally ..... http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...ar-test-leaking-due-to-climate-change/9161442

Yes, indeed, a leaking plutonium dome, another man-caused disaster starting-to-happen made worse by AGW, the biggest and baddest man-caused environmental catastrophe of them all! Or do you still believe—with elkcub—that AGW’s fake science invented by a venal research establishment to keep the grant money rolling in?

Yes, indeed, a leaking plutonium dome, another man-caused disaster starting-to-happen made worse by AGW, the biggest and baddest man-caused environmental catastrophe of them all! Or do you still believe—with elkcub—that AGW’s fake science invented by a venal research establishment to keep the grant money rolling in?
It's a travesty of humanity that the US in it's 'wisdom' decided to pile the toxic results (perhaps the most toxic material known to mankind) of a failed nuclear experiment into the blast crater of all things ..... unlined!

It lhas caused all manner of death and illness for the servicemen involved in the cleanup and their families, and island residents, and leaks poison now. If sea levels rise further .... well, it doesn't bear thinking about .... an uninhabitable world? The US should clean it up properly NOW - trillions of $ operation though that might be ....

I remain to be convinced of the 'science' of AGW. As I have posted above and before - land use factors are 10x the usual culprits and receive short shrift in the literature - riddled with questionable assumptions as it is.

Until valid explanations and quanta are presented for previous climate cycles pre-mankind, I will remain open to better information and science ...... jeez, the US should really get cracking on cleaning up that plutonium dump though - everything else rather pales in comparison .....

I remain to be convinced of the 'science' of AGW. As I have posted above and before - land use factors are 10x the usual culprits and receive short shrift in the literature - riddled with questionable assumptions as it is.

‘Land use factors” responsible for GW in your opinion? If so, you’re acknowledging the “A” in AGW after all, it seems. Good for you! A milestone in the evolution of your thinking on the subject!

Now, these questionable assumptions you mention, what are they exactly and what about them causes you unease? I’m sure I’m not the only contributor to this thread who would benefit from hearing the details of your critique of the technical literature on this complex subject.

‘Land use factors” responsible for GW in your opinion? If so, you’re acknowledging the “A” in AGW after all, it seems. Good for you! A milestone in the evolution of your thinking on the subject!

Now, these questionable assumptions you mention, what are they exactly and what about them causes you unease? I’m sure I’m not the only contributor to this thread who would benefit from hearing the details of your critique of the technical literature on this complex subject.
Newsflash! .... I've never said otherwise :) No new milestones for you there - sorry to disappoint ;)

The literature though (let alone policy) is short on dealing with this major factor, preferring to focus instead on hot air .... :cat:

It is even shorter on quantifying where this fits in to the scheme of things - is the 'A' in GW a 0.01% influence, 1%, 10%, ???? :brains: 'Science', so 'they' tell me doesn't know ......

Now where is that pesky 'Pie Chart' hmm ...... ?

Perhaps we could mail order one for not much coin (or so I have been informed ;) :) , or perhaps we might be lucky enough to find one in a Kelloggs packet?! :-O

I shan't hold my breath waiting ......

As for the details of my druthers? Buried way back in this thread somewhere ..... care factor zero to dig them up again ..... please feel free to read the thread in its entirety though to satisfy your curiosity :cat: :t:

You must excuse me from further reply - I'm rather taken up with watching videos of pretty sunset colours of a certain erupting volcano in Bali (all perfectly CO2 free of course) ;)

Last edited:
Newsflash! .... I've never said otherwise :) No new milestones for you there - sorry to disappoint ;)

The literature though (let alone policy) is short on dealing with this major factor, preferring to focus instead on hot air .... :cat:

It is even shorter on quantifying where this fits in to the scheme of things - is the 'A' in GW a 0.01% influence, 1%, 10%, ???? :brains: 'Science', so 'they' tell me doesn't know ......

Now where is that pesky 'Pie Chart' hmm ...... ?

Perhaps we could mail order one for not much coin (or so I have been informed ;) :) , or perhaps we might be lucky enough to find one in a Kelloggs packet?! :-O

I shan't hold my breath waiting ......

As for the details of my druthers? Buried way back in this thread somewhere ..... care factor zero to dig them up again ..... please feel free to read the thread in its entirety though to satisfy your curiosity :cat: :t:

You must excuse me from further reply - I'm rather taken up with watching videos of pretty sunset colours of a certain erupting volcano in Bali (all perfectly CO2 free of course)

Folding already (albeit gaseously)? Good for you again! Your bluff’s seldom so easily called.

Last edited:
Folding already (albeit gaseously)? Good for you again! Your bluff’s seldom so easily called.
Sorry, I realize that Newsflash! must have knocked you for six :D
I thought you were meant to have some sort of an education? puzzling then that you seem to continually have difficulty in comprehension ...... :cat:

The only bluff is in your bluster ..... buster! :-O

I care not for repeating myself, nor holding your hand .... you obviously find a snide comment far easier to trot out than reading the answer for yourself buried in this thread as suggested :smoke:

Oh well, another chance for you to learn something new gone .... :-C

Get back to me when 'Science' manages to come up with that 'simple' 'pie chart' ..... shouldn't be too arduous an ask, nor too hard for the might of the world's combined brain power now should it? especially considering it is well you know, both 'simple' , and a simple 'pie chart' ..... :eat:

I'll leave you to it before you know what gets off the leash again ;)

Sorry, I realize that Newsflash! must have knocked you for six :D
I thought you were meant to have some sort of an education? puzzling then that you seem to continually have difficulty in comprehension ...... :cat:

The only bluff is in your bluster ..... buster! :-O

I care not for repeating myself, nor holding your hand .... you obviously find a snide comment far easier to trot out than reading the answer for yourself buried in this thread as suggested :smoke:

Oh well, another chance for you to learn something new gone .... :-C

Get back to me when 'Science' manages to come up with that 'simple' 'pie chart' ..... shouldn't be too arduous an ask, nor too hard for the might of the world's combined brain power now should it? especially considering it is well you know, both 'simple' , and a simple 'pie chart' ..... :eat:

I'll leave you to it before you know what gets off the leash again ;)

It’s such a long thread! Can’t you give me a clue at least to where the answer’s to be found, just to get me started?

Ah, if only litebeam would weigh in, the unholy denialist triad would be reassembled in full force (such as it is): the nativist yokel with open contempt for “peer-reviewed” science (a sneer in his mouth); the clueless new-age bloviator whose ignorance of scientific method runs deeper than the sea; and last, but not least, the superannuated psychologist whose attribution of dishonest motives to the scientific “establishment” has become a byword in this long thread. All in all, a rum bunch. . ..

Last edited:

Here you go: http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/syr/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf

No pie charts I'm afraid but plenty of other 'simple' graphs and textual summaries.

Full report here (http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/syr/) in case you want to dive into the full discussion and/or look up the primary observational studies on which it is based.

Cheers,
Joost

Here you go: http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/syr/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf

No pie charts I'm afraid but plenty of other 'simple' graphs and textual summaries.

Interesting report. I was particularly struck by fig.SPM-2, the meat of which is easily convertible to a series of pie charts (though why anyone would wish to do, l don’t know).

So, Chosun, you have your hearts’ desire—complex data summarized in the simple graphical forms you’re used to dealing with in the business world. Enjoy. . .

Interesting report. I was particularly struck by fig.SPM-2, the meat of which is easily convertible to a series of pie charts (though why anyone would wish to do, l don’t know).

So, Chosun, you have your hearts’ desire—complex data summarized in the simple graphical forms you’re used to dealing with in the business world. Enjoy. . .
Actually I'm more used to non-linear regressions, and chaos theory .... :smoke:

The only 'simple' thing around here seems to occur solely in your mind perhaps? ;)

Full report here (http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/syr/) in case you want to dive into the full discussion and/or look up the primary observational studies on which it is based.

Cheers,
Joost
Thanks Joost - I look forward to digesting in due course - perhaps sometime after Christmas dinner ! :)

Ah, if only litebeam would weigh in, the unholy denialist triad would be reassembled ....

huh?...wha...?...did sumwun kawl?

I'm never far from your Reno dome, Fugs, am I?
Rent-free is the life for me.

Attachments

• lb.jpg
    lb.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 16
Bluffing and now stalling. But don’t worry about it, nobody expected anything else from you. . ..
Lol ! Speaking for everybody else now too are you? :-O

I'm just busy with about a Billion dollars of renewables investment is all - I'll get to Joost's link after I watch Ahmadinejad's speech in full to get back to Ed :t:

I think you may have wandered outside of your pay grade ...... again :smoke:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back