• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch (1 Viewer)

SAFM

Hi everyone,
yes I know it's a bit early. Are any of you taking part in the bbc's Springwatch this year?

I will be doing it Scott, bit early yet though.

ant - they're looking for red tailed bumble bees, 7 spot ladybirds, peacock butterflies, hawthorn blossom and frogspawn this year - much the same as last but more specific for the ladybirds and bees.

andy

I'm joining in, although the only one I was able to do last year was the first swift. My hawthorn bushes haven't flowered yet at all.

Cheers, :hi:

Hawthorn for me shouldnt be a problem, theres a rather large hawthorn tree in my nabours garden. the bee and ladybird will be more of a chalenge.

Frogspawn should be easy for me, next-door neioghbour has a pond with both frogs and toads breeding there. The bees might be difficult.

You're right about the frogspawn Keith.

Last year there was so much they were laying it in puddles.

We're going to be digging a wildlife pond soon, and in anticipation, I'm going to make a washing up bowl pond for them to spawn in then transfer it to the proper pond once it's finished.

Regards, :hi:

Evening all,

Just a thought, has anyone else downloaded a mini oddie from the springwatch site?

I did earlier this evening. Just now I was on another thread putting on a post when he popped out of his shrubbery with a loud pop and frightened the life out of me. He has to go. My heart won't stand the shock!!!!

:eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Lol..I did too Cathy, but I got message on screen from norton saying "mini oddie.exe is attempting to connect to a dms server" and advising to always block it...so he's just kind of sitting there at the moment...lol...but he gave me a fright as well!

Hi I will give Mr Oddie a miss I think, but will give Springwatch a go, usually run it in tandom with our recordings for the Woodland Trust.
Peter :frog:

Dizzy said:
Lol..I did too Cathy, but I got message on screen from norton saying "mini oddie.exe is attempting to connect to a dms server" and advising to always block it...so he's just kind of sitting there at the moment...lol...but he gave me a fright as well!

Hi Dizzy

You should be alright to allow mini oddie through your Norton Firewall. All it's doing is connecting to it's own site where it will download any nature updates for you which it will then scare you with !!

andy

Cathy H said:
Evening all,

Just a thought, has anyone else downloaded a mini oddie from the springwatch site?

I did earlier this evening. Just now I was on another thread putting on a post when he popped out of his shrubbery with a loud pop and frightened the life out of me. He has to go. My heart won't stand the shock!!!!

Hi Cathy, :hi:
I think I have got him but I have never heard anything from him yet. I Have Had Him Since June. :h?: :h?:

Scott

Mini oddie.

I had him, before my computer crashed, It was rather annoying when he popped up when I had a friend round, who is not intrested in wildlife.

ant

Now that the children are older I think a pond will be one of the next projects for our garden.

Keith
Cathy H said:
You're right about the frogspawn Keith.

Last year there was so much they were laying it in puddles.

We're going to be digging a wildlife pond soon, and in anticipation, I'm going to make a washing up bowl pond for them to spawn in then transfer it to the proper pond once it's finished.

Regards, :hi:

Thanks Andy, wasnt quite sure what to do...not exactly the most computer literate of people..lol.. but I'll let him through and see what hes got to offer!

Cathy H said:
Evening all,

Hi Cathy,

I've got him too, just click on the 'green leaf' pic when you want him and right click on him to tell him to exit. Good luck.

Sue

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back