• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski eyepiece issue (1 Viewer)

DurbanGirl

I just purchased a Swarovski ATS65HD. I’m having trouble putting in the eyepiece. It’s really difficult to turn to the locked position - and I’m not sure the pin actually has it locked securely in place. Is this normal?

Yes - the arrows are aligned. It then takes tremendous effort to twist the eyepiece into place. And I was expecting the locking pin to then make a satisfying “click” into place. I thought it would be similar to the smooth and easy action of putting a lens on my Canon camera body. Is the eyepiece difficult to turn? Should it be apparent that the pin is then firmly locked in place?

If the pin is locked you will not be able to turn the eyepiece anti-clockwise without depressing the button.
Although both scope and eyepiece are waterproof, there is an O-ring at the base of the eyepiece to prevent water ingress between the two. Perhaps this is the cause of the friction.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back