• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upgraded Cascades, Katmais, etc... (1 Viewer)

FrankD

In addition to the new Golden Ring configurations I also noticed that Leupold has upgraded the Cascades and Katmais to include phase coating on the prisms. They also introduced a waterproof porro prism version of the Cascade complete with internal focusing. I hope to be able to check out the local retail store in the next week or so to see these new upgrades and additions.

lucznik,

It is listed in the Cabelas Spring Master Catalog. I will see if I can scan the page this afternoon and post it.

The newer configurations of the Golden Rings are already up on the Cabelas website but the new Katmais and Cascades weren't listed as of yesterday.

Ah Ha! That's why I couldn't find the info. I haven't received my Spring Master Catalog yet. Now, I'll have something to look forward to examining when it arrives.

It's funny that Leupold does not seem to have updated their own website to reflect these changes.

Thanks, FrankD

I got my catalog today. Those golden rings are aptly named. They will set you back nearly 1000 bucks!

Bob

Last edited:
FrankD said:
In addition to the new Golden Ring configurations I also noticed that Leupold has upgraded the Cascades and Katmais to include phase coating on the prisms. They also introduced a waterproof porro prism version of the Cascade complete with internal focusing. I hope to be able to check out the local retail store in the next week or so to see these new upgrades and additions.

Note funky evaluation of Leupold Cascade 10X42 Phase Coated Bin in Cascade Porro specific thread.

I just went to a local store to compare these to the Nikon Monarch ATB 10X40 and came out of the store with the Leupold - both were the same price...$299. The Leupold was the clear winner of my comparisson...and an awesome glass.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back