• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Hook' The one legged Sparrow..... (1 Viewer)

Talon 1

He cant perch on the feeder so i put some on the ground but he usually gets beaten to it so i put some in my wormfeeder with bars up. he/She seems to get through and is now Fattening up on my cake i keep feeding it. I send the others down the garden with other goodies and he/she has now worked it out.
I will keep you up-Dated.

P.s I am just getting sparrows now will any species appear in the winter in which case which tend to make an appearance. i like the Cheeky sparrows and am keeping an eye on 'Hook' but a bit of variety would be nice even the Starlings have done a Bunk!

Great story, Free! I have a no-legged Brewer's Blackbird in the yard that can't stand due to badly deformed legs. They dangle when he flies, and he does a bit of a gooney-bird crash landing, but he comes in to feed every day, even manages to balance on a rock at the pond for a drink. I sure wish I could catch him and see if there isn't something a vet could do about straightening out those poor legs so he'd have half a chance at surviving.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back