• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

17 different birds in garden today (1 Viewer)

Seamoor

I have had 17 different birds in the garden today, get most of them everyday.
Bull Finch (8 male and female). Green Finches have had 6 on feeders at one go as well as some on bird table, Blue tits so many can't count them, Great Tits 6, Long Tail tits 4, Gold finch 2, Yellow hammer 2, Siskin 2, Coal tits 2,
Dunnock, Robin, Black Bird male and female, Wren, Black cap the male now and then but the female at least three times a day on the fat ball. Starling, Sparrows only a couple not as many as last year. And again today pays a visit about three times a week after the fish in the pond a Heron.

I do have a vist now and then from the squirrel.

I have feeders about three foot from my conservatory door. All have been on these but the bull finches and chaffinches prefer the bird table.

Have got video of most of them also some photo's will put on site late

Last edited:
in the garden this week

Seamoor said:
I have had 17 different birds in the garden today, get most of them everyday.
Bull Finch (8 male and female). Green Finches have had 6 on feeders at one go as well as some on bird table, Blue tits so many can't count them, Great Tits 6, Long Tail tits 4, Gold finch 2, Yellow hammer 2, Siskin 2, Coal tits 2,
Dunnock, Robin, Black Bird male and female, Wren, Black cap the male now and then but the female at least three times a day on the fat ball. Starling, Sparrows only a couple not as many as last year. And again today pays a visit about three times a week after the fish in the pond a Heron.

I do have a vist now and then from the squirrel.

I have feeders about three foot from my conservatory door. All have been on these but the bull finches and chaffinches prefer the bird table.

Have got video of most of them also some photo's will put on site late
at last a birder from the south hams, i cant say i have had 17 different ones in a day, but over the past week,roufly the same as you except for the siskins, which i have not seen for many years, but we do well for song thurshes & collered doves, there is a green wood pecker around, but i have only hered it a few times.
george from Diptford

collered doves as well

george millman said:
at last a birder from the south hams, i cant say i have had 17 different ones in a day, but over the past week,roufly the same as you except for the siskins, which i have not seen for many years, but we do well for song thurshes & collered doves, there is a green wood pecker around, but i have only hered it a few times.
george from Diptford
Hi george forgot to say we have collered doves and also thrush I live on the outskirts of Ivybridge, and have fields behind us and very close to the moor this is the first year we have had siskin Sue and Richard Ivybridge

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back