• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Image problem with D100 (1 Viewer)

Cashie

Hello folks
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my images from the D100 i'm getting diagonal lines

in the out of focus background can anyone tell me what is causing this it is

realy getting me down i have tried changing things but cant find anything.

Iv'e posted an example of a robin just note the background.

Happy new year

Cheers Cashie B :)

Attachments

• Robin at Respryn.jpg
    Robin at Respryn.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 222
Thanks Keith,

I hadnt considered that it could be the filter! I am going to try some shots with and without one to see if thats what is causing the problem.

The one I am using is one I bought brand new and sealed from ebay. Its a Hoya HMC UV(N) on a Nikon 80 - 200 2.8 lens.

Its the latest firmware as far as I know, version 2.00. I will check the site Nigel and look to make sure there isnt a later one.

Thank you for your replies and suggestions.

Cashie

My money's on the filter.

I was only using mine (a Cokin 77mm UV0) as a lens protector, but I now just use the lens hood instead, and I'm happy.

B :) Thanks very much Keith,

It definately is the filter, i tried some test shots of a bush in my garden out of focus with a little side sun to create a bit of flare & it came out with very pronounced lines then i did another without the filter & got no lines at all using the same settings on my tripod.

I am now a happy man

Cheers Cashie B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back