• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (2 Viewers)

Great work indeed Tim, I think you are probably the finest sketcher I know. Love the way your work has evolved from the start of your original thread to now.

A wee 'break' south now over so back to painting for a one-man show in the Hope, Orkney opening in a couple of weeks . . . . Pursuing the drawing/painting ideas with this curlew and oiks piece (32"x22") and in deference to darling wife and her suggestions to 'do something folk'll like' - meaning 'buy' here are a couple of portraits in acrylic (14"x10").

Attachments

• curlew oik (800x538).jpg
    curlew oik (800x538).jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 99
  • mantling pere (602x800).jpg
    mantling pere (602x800).jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 128
  • young pere (572x800).jpg
    young pere (572x800).jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 127
and in deference to darling wife and her suggestions to 'do something folk'll like' - meaning 'buy' here are a couple of portraits...

I'll have to remember that one Tim, 'do something folk'll like!!'. Your darling wife has a way with words.

All of them look good. I think you're getting a little freer with the chalk and watercolor combination. That was something I found just a bit lacking in some of the earlier ones, at least compared to the Sharpie works. But these seem to have more of the same spontaneity and freedom of those Sharpies, at least in my eyes.

And if you don't sell the ones that 'folk'll like' then there's something wrong with the world!

Wise words from the boss :-O I think ive read you dont do portraits nowadays, Im guessing the wife wants you take her out for a meal when punters stole away with a couple raptors under there arms. The Curlew & catchers is a cracker and I would of thought very commercial. I still love your sharpies though. Ive not been on as much of late and missed the Wren pics WOW B :)

A wee 'break' south now over so back to painting for a one-man show in the Hope, Orkney opening in a couple of weeks . . . . Pursuing the drawing/painting ideas with this curlew and oiks piece (32"x22") and in deference to darling wife and her suggestions to 'do something folk'll like' - meaning 'buy' here are a couple of portraits in acrylic (14"x10").

so much to admire and learn from on here- on curlew and oiks (and the ringed plovers in the same style) I was very struck by how you concentrated the colour in the top third

and the restraint in the way you have rendered those falcons- resisting the temptation to pile in with a final lick of dark detail

Tim Honestly youve taken it to another level , i look at a LOT of websites and blogs from most bird artists and can honestly say you are breaking new ground

fantastic

Many thanks folks - all really appreciated, cheers.
Here's another rendition of one of my favourite subjects. I'm trying to learn from the approach I'm taking with the conte and watercolour paintings and stop just filling in the paper with colour, simply to paint to the edge of the paper. When It's done, it's done - is my new motto.
watercolour 27"x22" . . .

Attachments

• eiders again (800x574).jpg
    eiders again (800x574).jpg
    332 KB · Views: 105
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back