• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim! (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
I saw at least 14 Waxwings in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim this afternoon.

Cheers,
Dick

Attachments

• waxwings.ballymoney.jpg
    waxwings.ballymoney.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Still waiting for the day I see Waxwings AND have my bins with me at the same time. Maybe this year...

Edinburgh Birdwatcher's Website

Nice to see photos of large flocks of Waxwings.

I saw my first Waxwings by Middle Meadow Walk in the The Meadows in Edinburgh, on a snowy day back in the early 60s. Funny how we never forget a first sighting like that. The memory is still so vivid ... 60 years later!

Yes, I grew up in Edinburgh & regularly spent time around the Blackford Hill back in the 60s. Saw & heard my first Green Woodpecker in the Hermitage, behind the Blackfords. Do you know if Woodpeckers are still breeding in the hermitage?

Cheers,
Dick

Still waiting for the day I see Waxwings AND have my bins with me at the same time. Maybe this year...

Good Luck ... maybe this is your year. :t:

I saw my first Waxwings on a snowy day in Edinburgh, back in the early 60s.

Funny how we never forget a first sighting like that. The memory is still so vivid ... 60 years later! :cool:

Cheers,
Dick

Saw 10 Waxwings a hour ago at a retail park. Thought I'd have a look since they had been spotted not a place I would go Birding but I saw them.

Saw these in May 2005, in a tree in the common back garden area of my flat. There had been varying flock sizes (max c. 100 or so) all winter following the great influx of Nov 2004. I was really annoyed though, as I had to get up and open the back window to get a better look at them. In May they were feeding on Ivy buds.

Attachments

• 2005-05-02 Waxwings 08.JPG
    2005-05-02 Waxwings 08.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back