• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buenos Aires (1 Viewer)

Goyter

Hi
Ive just bagged a cheap flight to B. Aires for next June for 1 week as Ive always wanted to bird around there.
Can anyone recommend good place to stay downtown with walking access to reserves
I dont intend to hire a car for just 1 week but would be interested in days out of the city using public transport/taxis to worthwhile sites.
Any help much appreciated

Hi,

BA is amazing for birding. Would recommend 2-3 days concentrating on Costanera Sur Eco Reserve to pick up all the commoner species. Two other interesting reserves which can be done in a day are Vincente Lopez (good for Bitterns) and Ribeira Norte - both are <30 mins from the city centre. Taxis are cheap and I found that car hire would almost be more hassle than its worth in terms of navigating through BA.

Also recommended would be a full day visit of Otamendi National Park and Ceibas in the Pampas. This can be arranged through Seriema Nature Tours.

PM me if you would like maps/access info for sites in BA.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back