• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peregrine Assistance Winnington, Cheshire (1 Viewer)

davewalters

I have an office in an old factory site at Winington in Cheshire. For at least 25 years Peregrine have been present and at one point the nesting site was monitored and the young ringed, I don't know if that's still the case. Today I came into work and a male Peregrine was flying around calling and seemed extremely annoyed at something. A nearby crash saw the start of the building on which I believe they have nested on in the past being demolished. Now as I'm out of the birding loop I can't say for definite that this is the building used for a traditional nest site or if they were nesting this year. Just a heads up and hopefully someone knows more than I do?
No problem in revealing a site here as the building is currently halfway down.
Luv Dave

If this is the case that the birds have nested on the building in question then the contractors is in clear breach of the wildlife and countryside act by disturbing a nest of a protected species.

It used to be a well known and monitored spot, I would have thought someone would have known something. anyway the building has now totally gone and no sign or any Peregrines.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back