• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any other Vermonters out there? (1 Viewer)

Hi, I am at home in southeastern VT, am interested mostly in bird photography, not in keeping lists. Not much here this summer, at least not out in the open, just plenty of red-winged blackbirds, goldfinches, eastern kingbirds .... We used to have ruffed grouse in our neighborhood, but I haven't heard any for the past 2 years. I am waiting for the fall migration, am eager to get a photo of a solitary sandpiper. This spring there was on on the Brattleboro Retreat meadows, but I missed it.

Where are you at home?

North central Vt. south of burlington. I'm getting into bird photography Do you do it professionally?

I'm afraid my knowledge of N.A. birds and my participation in local birding is decidedly lacking (I've done banding at Audubon once or twice, but not too much more), although I've decided to end that this year, and chalk up my knowledge and outings around the area. And field skills.

Anyway, there seem to be three Vermonters here. Do any of you frequent the vtbird listserv? (I don't, just curious).

Yet another Vermonter on board

Hi Stevo et al.
I'm outside of White River Jct, but do most of my birding in West Rutland VT, Lebanon NH, or Plum Island MA.
I use Vermont eBird weekly, although I'm disappointed that there is no longer a Rare Bird Alert for Vermont.
Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back