• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just upgraded ATS65 eyepiece... (1 Viewer)

Apodidae49

I have the Swaro ATS65 non-HD and spent a very constructive hour or two at In Focus, Martin Mere trying out the 25-50WA eyepiece against my 20-60. Also had an HD model set up and swapping round eyepieces and scopes looking out onto the main mere proved very interesting and fruitful. I concluded that:

1. There isn’t enough difference between the HD and the non-HD to justify me shelling out around a grand to “upgrade”

2. There IS a world of difference at all magnifications to justify trading up to the 25-50WA so that’s what I did.

Took scope and new eyepiece out to the United Utilities hide and spotted a peregrine obligingly sitting on the ground around 200yds out where it remained for around 40 minutes. Got a great focus on it at 50x despite it being an overcast, drizzly day.

Delighted!

Hi,

congratulations - seems you have had a very nice day out and upgraded your scope without breaking the bank. And yes, with the slower focal ratio of the 65mm variant, plain glass is going to work better than in the 80mm variant, which has the same focal length.

Enjoy,

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back