• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Abroad (1 Viewer)

pugzinho

Hello everyone!

My names Christopher and I am Active Duty military. Currently stationed in AR but from CO. My partner got me into birding about a year ago and it has turned into an obsession of mine. I've always loved the outdoors and this hobby has just fit into my life so well. We are currently in a long distance relationship and I'm looking for others to learn from and go birding with on my free time. Further, I will be in Italy (sicily) for the next few months and am trying to get as much birding in here as I possibly can. I currently shoot with a D500 and a 200-500mm.

My ebird is:
https://ebird.org/profile/MTM1NzkwOA/world

Portfolio:
https://flickr.com/photos/chrisdta/

Hi Christopher, welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site and feel free to join in where ever you wish.
cheers,
Andy

Hi Christopher and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

We have two articles in The Opus section of the forum and you may find the information in them on Sicily helpful regarding the birds you might see and where to find them.

Hi Christopher and welcome to the forum. Oh, how I wished I had birded when younger and in the military, 22 years and didn’t start birding until a few years after I retired. It is a great hobby for a service member.

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back