• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wearing glasses/spectacles whilst birding (1 Viewer)

Should have gone to Specsavers! :-O
Seriously, though, to me that suggests that there is something wrong with your prescription. My eyes are very different from each other (one is short- and one is long-focused). With my varifocals I've never had any trouble bringing both eyes into perfect focus. They don't come cheap though.

Sorry. Should have been more clear. My varifocal specs are fine. The strange issue with distant focus that I described occurs with multi-focal contacts!

Being a touch short-sighted I tend to wear my glasses all the time - both my bins and camera are set up to compensate. What drives me gently crazy is the smudging caused by pushing the glasses onto my face when using the bins, or inadvertently touching them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back