• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A couple of Costa Rican moths I need help with.. (1 Viewer)

davetheman

I attach pics of a couple of moths I found on a recent trip to Costa Rica that I need a little help (inspiration) with.

Both were photographed in the grounds of our hotel at the base of Volcan Arenal in November last year.

The first I believe is genus Samea. but I can't find any specific species matching this ones appearance. Any ideas?

The second is posing me a real problem. I've found a virtually identical photo on the Interweb (I believe it was somewhere on Project Noah) but this was identified as Psaliodes auratiuena, which I believe to be completely erroneous. To me it resembles more of a Euphyia sp. although I'm open to correction.

Help, or guidance would be appreciated from any experts out there.

Thanks

Attachments

• Unidentified_MothA4-0814.jpg
    Unidentified_MothA4-0814.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Unidentified_MothA4-0713.jpg
    Unidentified_MothA4-0713.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 9
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back