• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ethiopia - Finches, Seedeaters? (1 Viewer)

C Chad

Two photos of different birds taken on a recent 5 week trip to Ethiopia in April 2019.
The first photo at Lake Hawasa, South of Addis Ababa (which is just about dead centre of Ethiopia), the second photo at the Blue Nile Falls, North East of Addis Ababa.

By way of background, the trip was not primarily a birding one but I still managed to return with photos of some 160 different birds. I have identified most (with heavy reliance on 'Birds of the Horn of Africa - Redman, Stevenson & Fanshaw' - an excellent field guide) but will be posting several more that I have had trouble with.

Attachments

• 35BPBillIMG_1601.JPG
    35BPBillIMG_1601.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 35IP1120939 (1280x855).jpg
    35IP1120939 (1280x855).jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Many thanks Arcadillor. I had already ID'd several Village Weavers but this one looked a bit different. I had only one sighting of what you have identified as a Northern Red Bishop (f/m). I certainly could not have missed the Male, had I been lucky enough to see one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back