• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anglesey-Guillemots & Choughs (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Just been to South Stack for a few days and was surprised at the number (many hundreds) of Guillemotts. I thought they didn't get there until March/April.

Choughs were friendly-came quite close. RSPB are laying a camera cable from a nest/cave and will be showing the nest in Ellins tower-should be quite something for those who have never seen a Chough and for all who want to see them nesting.

Just been to South Stack for a few days and was surprised at the number (many hundreds) of Guillemotts. I thought they didn't get there until March/April.

Choughs were friendly-came quite close. RSPB are laying a camera cable from a nest/cave and will be showing the nest in Ellins tower-should be quite something for those who have never seen a Chough and for all who want to see them nesting.

Hi Dave,
Surprised about the Guillemots as well. Any Razorbills? Or the Black Guillemots in the town? Bit early maybe.
Hope the Choughs have a good season, the staff at Ellins Tower will not be as professional as last year though!!

Hi Dave,
Surprised about the Guillemots as well. Any Razorbills? Or the Black Guillemots in the town? Bit early maybe.
Hope the Choughs have a good season, the staff at Ellins Tower will not be as professional as last year though!!

Hi Paul
No Razorbills as yet (to my knowledge).
Not heard of Black Guillemotts although we didn't actually get into town.
We walked the harbour wall and saw a couple of Herring Gulls! seriously, that was all we saw there.
I'll have to be careful what I say about the staff as some might read this-they were better looking than certain of last years staff!!
Dave

Hi Paul
No Razorbills as yet (to my knowledge).
Not heard of Black Guillemotts although we didn't actually get into town.
Dave

2 weeks ago, there were some 50 - 60 Razorbills grouping up in the sound between Puffin Island and Penmon Point, but only a single Guillemot and 1 summer-plumaged Black Guillemot.

There's been an Iceland Gull near Holyhead recently (at the Country Park).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back