• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

complete newbie (1 Viewer)

brrttpaul

Hi guys, little bit of background, started off on birds and wildlife then landscapes and astrophotography. My kit is Nikon D500, sigma 300mm 2.8 prime, Nikon 70-200 2.8, Tokina 11-18 2.8. I have always wanted to try properly putting a DSLR on a spotting scope and did have a go a few years back with a celestron ultima 80, I have several places to watch kites, buzzards, owls,jays etc and I am also not that far from the coast (newport wetlands) etc. What realistically should I be looking for to get half decent images ( i totally understand they wont be as good as a good lens) they more for record purposes. I liked the Kowa, being very compact but again know nothing much other than they are expensive, probably looking to spend about £1000 but could go to £1500 if it would be worth the extra cost.
Any advice most welcome
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back