• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hand feeding the birds. (1 Viewer)

Lanesra

I have had great relations with our feathered friends. I have had a number of very friendly visits. Some even came in the window. It got to the stage where I had to take food out every time I went out onto the sundeck.

Attachments

• 12 chickadee.jpg
    12 chickadee.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 13 chickadee .jpg
    13 chickadee .jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 14 kinglet.jpg
    14 kinglet.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 15 nuthatch.jpg
    15 nuthatch.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 16 nuthatch.jpg
    16 nuthatch.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 17
Fun when that happens

Hi Lanesra
You have a nice collection of friends there!
I've been lucky to have had a few similar encounters over the years most of them though without warning.
The shot of my girlfriend's hand and the red wing Blackbird is an example. We were walking along the reeds by a pond in Jericho Park in Vancouver. As you might know there are the usual hordes of RWB's squabbling and being sociable in that location. I raised my hand to point at something across the bay and this guy startled the daylights out of me by landing abruptly on my precious pointing finger.
I dug out some bird seeds from my camera bag (yes, I'd carry bird seed while out and about) and had Carey hold out her hand. The little guy was on it in a split second and I was able to get my shots.
The Canada/Grey Jay shot I got up at Hollyburn. They are pretty used to the crowds there and know a meal when they see one. This guy introduced itself in a similar way to the RWB.

Enjoy your friends its lots of fun when they come to visit.
Cheers,
Bryan

Attachments

• 4DDB163A-C4E5-43B3-8B66-F8EC0C364916.jpeg
    4DDB163A-C4E5-43B3-8B66-F8EC0C364916.jpeg
    961.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DEE7900A-FF2B-4BD0-94DB-821F7AC0E704.jpeg
    DEE7900A-FF2B-4BD0-94DB-821F7AC0E704.jpeg
    981.3 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back