• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss conquest 8x32 HDzeiss conquest 8x32Zi (1 Viewer)

breydon

Zeiss Conquest 8x32 Thinking of buying a pair of these have about £600 to spend and want a 8x32 binocular. Can any one who has these or have had them let me know what you think seems from reading here there's been problems or can recommend better for the money. Thanks for any opinion Chris

Last edited:
Zeiss Conquest 8x32 Thinking of buying a pair of these have about £600 to spend and want a 8x32 binocular. Can any one who has these or have had them let me know what you think seems from reading here there's been problems or can recommend better for the money. Thanks for any opinion Chris

Hi Breydon

Not sure what you mean with the 'Zi' but if you refer to the Conquest HD 8x32 then they are a cracking good pair of bins.

I took a pair to Islay along with my HTs this autumn and ended up using the little Conquests most of the time.

They are terrific for the money.

I am sure there are other models out there that would be worth you auditioning but at the price the Conquests take some beating.

Lee

No more comments from any one. So trying out some when i get the chance up at cleyspy Thinking of the 8x42 model now for the more light ability

No more comments from any one. So trying out some when i get the chance up at cleyspy Thinking of the 8x42 model now for the more light ability

Hi Norfolk Lad

Let us know what you choose, I am sure you will be happy with either.

Lee

Breydon, search the Zeiss forum for threads on the HD's - there are several, some with hundreds of posts with info. you will find very useful.

Yes have been reading through them. Lots of yes's and no's so need to have a look through them. I don't were glasses when using bins so need to check the eye cups sit right for the view through them. Thanks my friend for your input

I think, in general terms, the 8x42 and 8x32 Conquest are very well regarded here and that they would be considered just about the best optics / value for the money.

I have the 8x32 and it's great, nearly the equal of bins costing twice as much. I don't think you could go wrong with these.

The 8x32 HD are optically superb. Very bright for a 32 and extremely sharp. My first sample had a drifting dioptre but my second sample has been perfect.

Thanks James and trysufus. The 8x32 was my first choice Do you find them ok in the twilight or woodland use. cloudy weather ?

I like my 8x42 Conquest HD. Earlier I have not found any 8x32 with adequate eye relief for eyeglasses but I think these new Conquest HDs are excellent in this respect. A few weeks ago I tried the 10x42 and they worked with eyeglasses though not that perfect as 8x42. But recently I bought new eyeglasses and these make the eyes 1,5-2mm closer the ocular lenses; I actually need to twist out the eyecups of the 8x42 a bit, otherwise it feels I come too close.
So the 10x42 should work great with the new eyeglasses, and I think 8x32 will be very similar as the 10x42. The 8x32 size is attractive, but how could I justify to get 8x32 if I already have the 42mm...

Last edited:
Thanks James and trysufus. The 8x32 was my first choice Do you find them ok in the twilight or woodland use. cloudy weather ?

I think you would find the 8x32 nice and bright for overcast days and dawn and dusk use. If you are young enough to appreciate the added light from a 42, you might see some differences at the very end of the day.

Hi James I'm 56 I have read about old eyes not taking in all the light available. I do like the 8x32 compactness. I do have a pair of Hawke sapphire 8x43s witch seem better some days then others strange I know saying that but I look through one day and think wow and another day they don't seem so good. Thanks again for your input Chris

I looked through a pair of Victory HT 8x 42 at Cley Spy doing the week WOW the price is freighting but i am now 56 lucky to be working full time and can get them from uttings in Norwich and pay monthly payments. So as they say my last pair of bins i will have to buy yes

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back