• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (1 Viewer)

The Munich zoo has been my sole source of inspiration lately, since there is no time to travel somewhere to sketch outdoors..
There is such a variety in animals and birds, the ideal place for practicing..
Attached the latest studies from today morning...a Blacktip Shark and an Indian rhino...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Panzernashorn.jpg
    Panzernashorn.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 154
  • schwarzspitzenhai.jpg
    schwarzspitzenhai.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Yeah, incredible indeed.
I should be inspired to try the humble old Bic pen, but with work as awesome as this, my efforts would, I believe, end up like the proverbial dog's dinner!

Russ

Thank you Paschalis -I have only recently joined this forum it is always an inspiration to view quality work like this and good to hear that you share my passion for working from life
www.amblingartist.com

Welcome Wayne(?)Glad to hear that there are still many artists around working
in the field! Just checked out your web and found the preview of your DVD particularly appealing...

I'm just back from a visit to the zoo once again, the light was terrible, an overcast day, so I thought it was better to visit the Rhino house hoping to get
a reasonable watercolour study, but...
15 minutes later the zookeepers brought the animals outside and since I had no scope with me and the temperature was very low, I had to give up and look after an other motif to sketch.
Though my first thought was that the siberian eagle owl could be the ideal model, my first attempt failed, but I've been rewarded on my second try...

A dark eagle owl silhouette against a pale gray cloudy sky.

Paschalis

PS:In addition , the two failed attempts...

Attachments

• Panzernashorn skizze.jpg
    Panzernashorn skizze.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Siberian eagle owl sketch.jpg
    Siberian eagle owl sketch.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Siberian eagle owl study.jpg
    Siberian eagle owl study.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 173
Sheer brilliance Paschalis....that Eagle Owl is wonderful in every respect...:t:

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

username is right I think about the owl.

As far as rhinos I've been hoping to get back to the Philadelphia Zoo for many months since I admired a rhino who was very light on his feet this spring. Then I just read that an older rhino there had died. I hope it's not that one. He was a very striking creature.

Paschalis, you are indeed the master of this medium, sir! Both works are phenomenally good but the owl is quite sensational. Would this be for sale, and if so would it be a case of asking how much a Porsche 911 is or a Franck Mueller watch is? Which means if you have to ask, then you can't afford it!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back