• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Selling your photos on the web (1 Viewer)

kryptora

Does anyone have any tips on setting up a web site for selling digital photos.

I am looking for ISP's and software.

With many thanks

Hi Phil,

Not sure and how you would sell your photographs, see some bird photographers websites for good examples, ie Hugh Harrop, Alan Tate and Jack Levene. I know some of these have learnt how to use HTML or JavaScript coding.

Personnally, I have a small website, that is just intended to show my passion for bird photographer and the like, I used tripod.lycos.co.uk as the host as it was free. Though I am currently constructing a website for birding, I have choosen to go with 1and1.co.uk as they are currently offering a good deal for people like me who don't have time to learn codings just yet, they are offering several basic, though good, software packages to build a website (said to be worth up to £400, including Frontpage 2003 and NetObjects Fusion 8) and offer excellent technical support. It is 5.99 a month, though try fasthosts.co.uk too, as they are only 3.99 (special offer) a month for basic, but large, hostings.

The best web software to use is Macromedia Dreamweaver along with the other Macromedia software titles (flash, fireworks and director), though also look at Adobe, as imageready and golive are both good packages. All these titles are for advanced users, sadly beyond my capacity, though given time you could construct a great website using these programs.

Interested to hear other peoples views on this too,

all the best

Thanks very much for the info James - I see that a number of contributors to the forum have their own web sites - it would be good to get their input on this thread.

James Eaton said:
Hi Phil,

Not sure and how you would sell your photographs, see some bird photographers websites for good examples, ie Hugh Harrop, Alan Tate and Jack Levene. I know some of these have learnt how to use HTML or JavaScript coding.

Personnally, I have a small website, that is just intended to show my passion for bird photographer and the like, I used tripod.lycos.co.uk as the host as it was free. Though I am currently constructing a website for birding, I have choosen to go with 1and1.co.uk as they are currently offering a good deal for people like me who don't have time to learn codings just yet, they are offering several basic, though good, software packages to build a website (said to be worth up to £400, including Frontpage 2003 and NetObjects Fusion 8) and offer excellent technical support. It is 5.99 a month, though try fasthosts.co.uk too, as they are only 3.99 (special offer) a month for basic, but large, hostings.

The best web software to use is Macromedia Dreamweaver along with the other Macromedia software titles (flash, fireworks and director), though also look at Adobe, as imageready and golive are both good packages. All these titles are for advanced users, sadly beyond my capacity, though given time you could construct a great website using these programs.

Interested to hear other peoples views on this too,

all the best

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back