• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Videscoping with interchangeable video cameras (1 Viewer)

I would like to know how he coped with vibration at such magnification? The slow-mo of the gull is a nice smooth pan - I find that my video becomes shaky the moment I touch my equipment and even the slightest breeze causes problems

Jason,

I use a Canon 70D with a 40mm pancake lens attached to my scope with a DCA for videoscoping. As Paul queried above the high magnifications used do cause problems with shake/vibration. My remedy is to edit out the first and last few seconds of each clip in camera after each shoot. This leaves me with a steady image unless of course there is some wind which is usually the main problem.

Mike

I don't use a video recorder but do use an Iphone for video recording and utilize the same method as Mike above with regard to editing image shake at the beginning and ending of the video. Most of my videos are shot at 20-30x (on the scope) with a slight increase in the Iphone's magnification to avoid just a little vignetting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back