• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Video editing apps / software (1 Viewer)

Hi,

What do you all use / recommend. I have only recently begun shooting video (4k, iPhone 6s). I want to, trim, crop, stitch clips together/transition, possibly sharpen, lighting adjustments, slow down, but also remove wind and hand shake.
I would like this to be as simple as possible, doesn't have to be on the phone, but can be. I would really appreciate your help and insights. I shot some wonderful shorebird stuff this weekend, but it needs work :)

Thanks

Curt

Curt,

I apologize for not responding on the Phonescoping facebook group when you posed this question. Sometimes it is just easier to type on a keyboard instead of a phone. ;)

Part of the reason I didn't reply is because I haven't really made any attempts to remove shakiness from a video. I typically just ditch the video if I don't find it acceptable in this area.

But, in general, I use either Photoshop Express or IMovie depending on what type of file I am tinkering with. I also use Youtube "Capture" sometimes for videos.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks Frank. I have a portable blind that would have been perfect for these cooperative birds, but there were just too many people. I have tried the YouTube shake removal on two videos in the past with mixed success. I have heard it postulated that it might work better with 4k, so maybe I'll start there and see.

Hi there,

I love to use the app "Video 2 Photo" both on iPhone and iPad to extract single 8MP frames out of 4k video footage.

The clue is, if you zoom in to see if details are sharp enough for export, you can switch forward from frame to frame without loosing zoom ratio and selected area. The exported frames are in native resolution.

The attached Yellowhammer is from a 4k footage made with iPhone SE, adapted to Kowa 883 w/ 25-60 eyepiece.

Attachments

• 8132DAB8-A367-47A4-89F7-40C4F95E8C1D.jpeg
    8132DAB8-A367-47A4-89F7-40C4F95E8C1D.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 130
Check out Lumafusion for IOS.

Hi,

What do you all use / recommend. I have only recently begun shooting video (4k, iPhone 6s). I want to, trim, crop, stitch clips together/transition, possibly sharpen, lighting adjustments, slow down, but also remove wind and hand shake.
I would like this to be as simple as possible, doesn't have to be on the phone, but can be. I would really appreciate your help and insights. I shot some wonderful shorebird stuff this weekend, but it needs work :)

Thanks

Curt

Hi again.

my recommendation for your needs is either iMovie or the app "Splice - Video Editor" offered from GoPro.

You can edit (cut, stitch an so on) videos made with your iPhone (and GoPro of course), and both apps are for free. No hidden in app purchases.

Yust try both of them,

Cheers

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back