• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

4K Videoscoping with Hasselblad Superachromat (1 Viewer)

Muratfaik

Hi,

I would like to invite you to watch a short videoscoping sample with my Sony AX100 4K camcorder+Showtime Adapter+Hasselblad 250mm SA (Superachromat lens, latest version.):

https://vimeo.com/113644615

In summary, this lens is simply outstanding. The footage may not show real details that were captured by the lens, but I can say, I am taking incredibly detailed footages that I never achieved with my Japanese lenses before.

Sharpness and contrast for a lens are two popular things nowadays. But micro-contrast, color gradation and color reproduction are the terms that I met in another dimention with this lens. I have several excellent German lenses including the famous Leica Apo-Elmarit 180mm 2.8. But this lens gives far beyond superior quality compared to all of them. One negative side for digiscoping: Focusing is stiff and it is very hard to achieve correct focus. I read tens of posts about this lens before buying it, including Dr. Kornelius Fleischer (former Zeiss MF lens division manager). Almost everyone agreed that, this lens needs mastering to get outstandig results and focusing is nervous but the result is "stunning". One MF photographer says "...this lens is one of the brightest stars in the entire Zeiss galaxy". Although this lens gives outstanding results for either photography or video/videoscoping, I recommend 500mm TeleApoTessar lens over this one. Because it is easier to use, focusing is silky smooth and gives more predictable results. I will share more footages soon.

Best Wishes.

Murat F. Özçelik

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back