Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New to Sony.

Old Friday 12th October 2018, 09:00   #1
crapbirder

New to Sony.

Just acquired my first Sony camera, the RX10 iii. Gradually working my way around the menus but have not been able to find the setting, if there is one, to change the EVF brightness/darkness in line with changing Exposure Compensation via the EC dial.

At present, I can read the +/- EC value in the EVF but have no indication how this value affects the exposure of the captured image. Would be grateful for any help in achieving my aim.
Old Sunday 14th October 2018, 16:19   #2
Zackiedawg

It should be called something like 'Live View Settings Effects' and you want to set it to 'ON'. This will make the EVF and LCD reflect the adjustments to the aperture, ISO, and EV on the screen, rather than staying bright all the time.

Zackiedawg's Photography Gallery
Old Sunday 14th October 2018, 17:09   #3
crapbirder

New to Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackiedawg View Post
It should be called something like 'Live View Settings Effects' and you want to set it to 'ON'. This will make the EVF and LCD reflect the adjustments to the aperture, ISO, and EV on the screen, rather than staying bright all the time.
Many thanks for your response, by a process of trial and error I found Live View Display by going to; MENU>Cog>3>Setting Effect ON which solved the problem.

On another forum it was suggested that all Sony users might find the Alexander White series of comprehensive user handbooks to their advantage. Here in the UK, the RX10 iii version is available from Amazon at GB4.54 as an ebook and GB21.95 paperback. Already invested in the former and it's unlocked the door to so many of the features I'd been struggling with.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: