• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Islay choughs and GWF geese (1 Viewer)

kb57

Europe
Just going through pictures I took on Islay at the weekend and found I'd taken one of a colour-ringed chough. Green over blue right leg, red left leg.

Anyone know who to contact to report the sighting? (I'm also going to try the Twittersphere)

Also have a pic of a neck-collared Greenland WF goose ('ACC'), but I think its a well-known bird, sure I've seen the same one mentioned on a recent blog post.

Edit: attached pics

Attachments

• Islay_00018 (934x1024).jpg
    Islay_00018 (934x1024).jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Islay_00005 (1024x833).jpg
    Islay_00005 (1024x833).jpg
    647.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Please do report both on www.ring.ac
It will help if you upload or include the link to these pics when you report your sightings.
The Chough would appear not to have (or to have lost) its metal ring, but may still be traceable.

HTH

Phil

Please do report both on www.ring.ac
It will help if you upload or include the link to these pics when you report your sightings.
The Chough would appear not to have (or to have lost) its metal ring, but may still be traceable.

HTH

Phil

Thanks, I've reported both sightings now, I'll await details and report back on this thread if I hear any more - via Twitter I've already established the GWF goose was ringed on Islay in January 2017 in a very similar area.

This was forwarded to the likely Chough colour ringer on Islay and turns out to be a 2017 fledged bird from the Rhinns of Islay. You should get full details from the BTO in due course.

Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back