• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (7 Viewers)

As I'm just back from my first trip to Sri Lanka, I have between 160 and 170 lifers (still confirming) breaking though the 1000 with Spotted Dove on day one. The last 4 confirmed endemics are Orange-billed Babbler, Ashy-headed Laughingthrush, Sri Lanka Drongo and Layard's Parakeet.

Last edited:
Spent a week in Spain and a week in Morocco in October. It wasn't a birding holiday but I saw the following lifers in my time there:

Spain:

Monk Parakeet
Hoopoe
Barbary Partridge
Sooty Shearwater
Cattle Egret

Morocco:

White Stork
Crested Lark
Maghreb Magpie
Great Grey Shrike
Griffin Vulture
Spotless Starling
Alpine Swift
Common Bulbul
White-rumped Swift
Alpine Accentor

I also saw barbary macaques in Morocco which were my first non-human primates seen anywhere.

Crab Plover in Oman, along with assorted goodies including Omani Owl. Fierce competition for the least impressive tick, but Yemen Serin and Plain Leaf Earbler were not as unremarkable as African Collared Dove!

Last years last lifer was a really exotic-looking tit only 30 km from my home. Autumn 2018 they had quite a lot movements for South. In our County this was first and the only known one still.
This years first lifer was these "chickens".

Attachments

• P1090561a.jpg
    P1090561a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 27
  • P1100187.jpg
    P1100187.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 31
Shoveler at Brandon Marsh in Warwicks today. There had been a Caspian gull and whooper swans the previous days but I missed them.

Attachments

• 45814518905_578084bbee_z.jpg
    45814518905_578084bbee_z.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 35
Most recent lifers were all on a trip to Jahangirnagor University, in Bangladesh. I had three lifers: Yellow Bittern, Booted Eagle, and Gray-headed Fish Eagle.

Purple finch at a neighborhood park near Fort Worth. Not a bad bird for Texas, and there appears to be a bit of an influx of the species in this area compared to recent years. Hoping to get as many eastern species as possible prior to likely moving west this summer.

Checked off another eastern US species with eastern towhee in a neighborhood park. Now if only the rusty blackbirds will hang around a nearby sports complex until tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back