• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

-DJ

Hi from Minnesota. I really like this site and hope to be on a lot when I'm not out photographing birds and other wild life. You can call me DJ or if you are mad at me you can call me Daniel Joseph like my mom often did when I was growing up

Hi DJ! On behalf of the entire staff here at BirdForum.net, a very warm welcome to you. ;)

LOL, my call name when I was in trouble was Kathryn Carol.

So, what kind of setup do you use while out photographing the birds?

I can't find any chickadees!

Can you tell me if the British have another word for "Chickadee"? I can't find any when I search.

jeepee said:
Can you tell me if the British have another word for "Chickadee"? I can't find any when I search.
Hi Jeepee,

Welcome to BirdForum!

We call them Tits over here - the species found in Britain are:
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Willow Tit
Marsh Tit
Crested Tit

The Willow Tit and Marsh Tit look very similar to your Black-capped Chickadee & Carolina Chickadee

And also Long-tailed Tit (not a true tit, closely related to the Bushtit out in the western US)

Michael

Tits are Chickadees answer.

Michael Frankis said:
Hi Jeepee,

Welcome to BirdForum!

We call them Tits over here - the species found in Britain are:
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Willow Tit
Marsh Tit
Crested Tit

The Willow Tit and Marsh Tit look very similar to your Black-capped Chickadee & Carolina Chickadee

And also Long-tailed Tit (not a true tit, closely related to the Bushtit out in the western US)

Michael
Thank you for your information about Chickadees being Tits. It was very helpful

Hi! to you both!
I just love the chickadee! Black capped Chickadee seen in New Brunswick..the leader of the pack. Find a chickadee and there were warblers a plenty!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back