Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Has anyone registered like myself for the RSPB’s online Annual General Meeting 2020

Old Saturday 22nd August 2020, 17:59   #1
IAN JAMES THOMPSON

Has anyone registered like myself for the RSPB’s online Annual General Meeting 2020

The question as above, plus has anyone registered for the various talks as well during the afternoon as I have done?
Ian
Old Tuesday 25th August 2020, 11:54   #2
dandsblair
David and Sarah

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN JAMES THOMPSON View Post
The question as above, plus has anyone registered for the various talks as well during the afternoon as I have done?
Ian
Yes we have.
Suspect there will be a number of people looking to discuss RSPB reopening(?) compared to WWT and Wildlife Trust reserves who in our opinion have been much more versatile.
Old Tuesday 25th August 2020, 17:41   #3
IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I’ve put a question forward, whether it will get answered is anyones guess. I do agree with you about the Wildfowl Trust as I’ve noticed that my local Wildfowl Trust have been excellent in safety measures. But I’ve visited my nearest RSPB reserve with visitor centre and hides that has reopened and there are a number of things I'm concerned about comparing the nearest RSPB reserve to my nearest Wildfowl Trust reserve. I won’t go into full detail. But one thing might give you a clue. I’ve had to take my own Hand Gel to my nearest RSPB reserve, but not at my nearest Wildfowl Trust reserve and both have similar facilities. There are also other things I’m concerned for safety measures as well at my nearest RSPB reserve. I can’t comment about my local county wildlife trust of which I’m a member as well, as haven’t visited any of there reserves lately.
Ian.

Last edited by IAN JAMES THOMPSON : Tuesday 25th August 2020 at 17:53.
Old Tuesday 25th August 2020, 17:48   #4
Farnboro John

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN JAMES THOMPSON View Post
I’ve put a question forward, whether it will get answered is anyones guess.
Ian.
What's the question?

John
Old Tuesday 25th August 2020, 18:04   #5
IAN JAMES THOMPSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnboro John View Post
What's the question?

John
I’ll keep that to myself. It’s nothing to do about safety as mentioned in my post above. But something local where I live. Whether I will get a reply on the morning of the AGM or by email 2 weeks later if not on the morning of the AGM I don’t know. It’s not a question of importance nationally within the RSPB. So I expect I will only receive an email 2 weeks later as mentioned when registering.
Ian.

Last edited by IAN JAMES THOMPSON : Tuesday 25th August 2020 at 18:06.
Old Wednesday 26th August 2020, 16:03   #6
Mono
Hi!
BF Supporter 2020

Questions are best directed at those who can do something about the issue. If the issue is local then direct it at the local manager. There is no point directing it to the trustees, they will simply pass it down the chain and it will finally land in the self same managers inbox.

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: