Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Heavy Overhead passage today.

Old Monday 20th May 2019, 07:24   #1
quinton77

Heavy Overhead passage today.

Hello everyone,

Just back from a trip to Red Rocks where I have seen more migrating passerines in an hour than I'd guess for the rest of the year.

Got to do some work for the rest of today, but here are a couple of shots. The first flock is a tiny part of a Starling flock that reached from north of the point, out of sight over West Kirby.

I've no idea how many... I've guessed 18k.... but on reflection, had this flock be waders, then there would have been 30-40k in the one flock. I should have a better idea of numbers after I've estimated the photo.

Thank you!
Old Friday 31st May 2019, 14:29   #2
quinton77

Hello everyone,

Just back from a trip to Red Rocks where I have seen more migrating passerines in an hour than I'd guess for the rest of the year.

Got to do some work for the rest of today, but here are a couple of https://vidmate.onl/ shots. The first flock is a tiny part of a Starling flock that reached from north of the point, out of sight over West Kirby.

I've no idea how many... I've guessed 18k.... but on reflection, had this https://mobdro.onl/ flock be waders, then there would have been 30-40k in the one flock. I should have a better idea of numbers after I've estimated the photo.

Thank you!

Any updates?
Old Friday 7th June 2019, 21:03   #3
Willfish4fud

Impressive flight for sure
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: