• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pany FZ38 (1 Viewer)

barnetbirds

Hi All
Anyone ussed the extra lens for the FZ38
DMW - LT55 Telephoto
DMW - LC55 Macro.
Would they be a useful addition!!
Would appreciate opinions.
Thanks TC

Hello,
I have a FZ28 and used it with a LT55 for the last 2 years, with very satisfactory results (see some examples attached). Its optics is far better than any other compatible TC you may find (I've tried already a couple of them). The 70% additional mag brings really a huge advantage and it behaves very well even when using camera EZ 32x with 3 MPx resolution. Stability is certainly a requirement, but not a critical one. With both hands and the EVF against your face is enough for daylight. If you have the chance to kneel down it'll be certainly better. The only handicap is at dawn and dusk or deep in the woods, when the reduced light will force you to decide between longer exposures or just detach the TC. I usually go for the latter.

I've considered to get the LC55 macro, but since my subject in this case are flowers, until now it's been enough to get close to them (less than 2 cm) from the right angle to get a good picture of them.

Attachments

• Sietecolores_4.jpg
    Sietecolores_4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 111
  • CóndorAdulto.jpg
    CóndorAdulto.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Aguila_9.jpg
    Aguila_9.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Pimpollo.jpg
    Pimpollo.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 110
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back