• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 more September Moths for ID (1 Viewer)

WHIMBREL

A lifelong Naturalist...
Dear Moth-er's,

I call upon you yet again to express your ID talents on these two micro's:-

1.) 20mm perhaps Crambus or Agriphila species ?
2.) 15 to 20mm no idea.

Photo's are not the best but I hope someone can prove successful.

Bill.

Attachments

• Dsc_1905 (440 x 600).jpg
    Dsc_1905 (440 x 600).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Dsc_1913 (600 x 471).jpg
    Dsc_1913 (600 x 471).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 144
brianhstone said:
1. Agriphila geniculea - I think;
2. Anthophila fabriciana (Nettle Tap Moth)

I think your correct on Agriphila geniculea Brian, I was thrown (perhaps like you) by the unfinished markings that are not consistent with the majority of types within this species, UK Moths shows a similar example to mine....so well done.

Appreciated as always.

Bill.

WHIMBREL said:
I think your correct on Agriphila geniculea Brian, I was thrown (perhaps like you) by the unfinished markings that are not consistent with the majority of types within this species, UK Moths shows a similar example to mine....so well done.

Appreciated as always.

Bill.

It's 'unfinished' cos I'd say it's missing a lot of scales!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back