• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Halesowen (1 Viewer)

REDWINGS back in area 20+ seen while garden watching tonight, weeks earlier than last year.
4 in the tree's at the bottom of my garden (top) the rest where flying over the house towards Hasbury.

Also while garden watching did notice a increase in Jackdaws over and the Gulls are starting to increase flying towards the roost at Bartley I presume.

Great White Egret just flew over my garden heading towards Clent!!! Long yellow bill and long legs easily visible. Amazing :)

Nice one! Some garden tick! I hope it decides to venture towards Oldbury :t:

Cheers

He/she was coming from that very direction. Maybe heading towards Upton Warren.

Thanks it's a very nice garden tick just lucky I was looking out the window my bins were too hand and it wasn't moving too fast! B :)

1 Woodcock in hedgerow by fields leading away from Seth Somers towards Clent.

Also 3 Fieldfare, 4 Nuthatch, 4 Song Thrush, 1 Mistle Thrush, 2 Stock Dove.

Female Blackcap in my garden in Halesowen

An enjoyable first and certainly not the last visit yesterday to Seth Somers Park, just a pity the heavens opened in the afternoon.

Blue & Great Tit, L T Tit, Wren, Robin, Blackbird, Song & Mistle Thrush, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Dunnock, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Siskin, Fieldfare, Redwing, Stock Dove, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw and Common Buzzard x3.

Hi Christopher, they aren't too difficult to spot if you wait awhile. Best just to scan the tall tree's. Today I saw them in a bare tree by what looks like a pavillion near the football pitch but they could be in any of the tree's round there. Good luck!

Hi Christopher, they aren't too difficult to spot if you wait awhile. Best just to scan the tall tree's. Today I saw them in a bare tree by what looks like a pavillion near the football pitch but they could be in any of the tree's round there. Good luck!
hii matt went for an hour today.the place is buzzing with birdlife didnt see the hawfinches but did see a lesser spotted woodpecker so not to disappointed other spots were greater spotted woodpecker nuthatch great tit blue tit coal tit chaffinch couple of buzzards overhead will be going back

hii matt went for an hour today.the place is buzzing with birdlife didnt see the hawfinches but did see a lesser spotted woodpecker so not to disappointed other spots were greater spotted woodpecker nuthatch great tit blue tit coal tit chaffinch couple of buzzards overhead will be going back

Nice one! :t: Been quite a few years since I saw a LSW. I'll keep my eyes open for it

Seth Somers- 20+ Hawfinch @ 12.40PM

Leasowes Park - 2 Goosander, 1 and possibly 2 Kingfisher, 1 Meadow pipit, Treecreeper, Stock Dove

Last month I checked the River Stour at Halesowen. 2 Kingfisher (Corngreaves NR & just before Seth Somers park). I hear there's Kingfisher at Leasowes.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back