• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any experience with bushnell warranty? (1 Viewer)

tealboy1

I Got a pair of bushnell,ultra hd 10x42s about 4-5 years ago, they were a relatively new release. Seems like msrp was $350 or so but i paid much less after discounting. Anyway, i have been very pleased with the optics, not high end but for what they are, pretty decent. However, the focus wheel has been wobbly to the point of feeling like it will fall off but it is obviously not going to bc it has been this way for a couple of yrs. the focus still works but the knob is very sloppy. Second, the gel thumb pad dried up. This was just some comfort feature for holding the binocs but in less than a year it was gone. Not something i care about but formthese two reasons, mostly the knob, i a,mthinking about sending them back and wondered if any of you have experience with how bushnell treats customers and these kind of things. And, do they fix or replace?

I Got a pair of bushnell,ultra hd 10x42s about 4-5 years ago, they were a relatively new release. Seems like msrp was $350 or so but i paid much less after discounting. Anyway, i have been very pleased with the optics, not high end but for what they are, pretty decent. However, the focus wheel has been wobbly to the point of feeling like it will fall off but it is obviously not going to bc it has been this way for a couple of yrs. the focus still works but the knob is very sloppy. Second, the gel thumb pad dried up. This was just some comfort feature for holding the binocs but in less than a year it was gone. Not something i care about but formthese two reasons, mostly the knob, i a,mthinking about sending them back and wondered if any of you have experience with how bushnell treats customers and these kind of things. And, do they fix or replace?

All of your remarks and the ever broken diopter ring says it all about the building quality of this model.
Bushnell did not ended the relative short life of this model for no reason.
Down here I've never seen any bill from Bushnell in regards to guarantee and or repair issues and in case of this model there were a LOT.

My guess is that you get the E series model in return, but let us know.

Jan

All of your remarks and the ever broken diopter ring says it all about the building quality of this model.
Bushnell did not ended the relative short life of this model for no reason.
Down here I've never seen any bill from Bushnell in regards to guarantee and or repair issues and in case of this model there were a LOT.

My guess is that you get the E series model in return, but let us know.

Jan

Interesting. I have not followed the brand or binocs for a few yrs but did not know they discontinued this model and that they had so many problems. Mine have been excellent in terms of everything except this loose focus ring that is wobbly and feels like it wants to fall off, but hasnt. I may pack them up and mail in to see what happens. I thought i might get a new ultra legend if they cant fix but if discontinued, then not sure what the "e" series is.

Interesting. I have not followed the brand or binocs for a few yrs but did not know they discontinued this model and that they had so many problems. Mine have been excellent in terms of everything except this loose focus ring that is wobbly and feels like it wants to fall off, but hasnt. I may pack them up and mail in to see what happens. I thought i might get a new ultra legend if they cant fix but if discontinued, then not sure what the "e" series is.

Just read the thread below yours and you know everything regarding the E, L and M series;)

Lost focussing knobs always occurs in areas where you can't find it back (Murphys law).

Jan

I just looked up the E series on bushmell website. I would be trading down if I was sent a pair of e series in exchange for my ultra legend hd 10x42 but it appears mine are not made in 10x42 anymore, just 8x42. I could go w 8 power but not sure if I should just hold onto mine until the wheel falls off, if it ever does. Can it be easily tightened by bushmell or better, me?

I just looked up the E series on bushmell website. I would be trading down if I was sent a pair of e series in exchange for my ultra legend hd 10x42 but it appears mine are not made in 10x42 anymore, just 8x42. I could go w 8 power but not sure if I should just hold onto mine until the wheel falls off, if it ever does. Can it be easily tightened by bushmell or better, me?

I'd feel them out first.

I called them. Bushmell said the replacement would be the L series not the E, but the tech said he really likes the L but recommends the M series, which would cost appx 50$ extra. Said he owns them and they are excellent. With that said, they very well may be able to fix mine. Will cost me $20-22 to ship to them and pay for return shipping

Not sure but will prob send them in and see what happens

Bin and replace is fairly standard practise in the industry and although I have no direct experience of this with Bushnell their customer service has always been very good despite changes at the corporate level.

Any replacement should come with a start as new warranty and it would be worth having that confirmed.

Best wishes,

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back