• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1st Eagle photo (1 Viewer)

tominrom

This is my 1st eagle photo. We don't normally have eagles in this part of NY. I heard one was seen at a nearby lake. I drove to the lake and got there just at the right time. He was approximately 1/2 mile away. I used a D70 with 80-400 VR zoomed all the way out (600mm equivalent) and then did a 100% crop in Photoshop. Its not real good but he did not stay around very long. This was the 1st time I tried to photograph a bird in flight. It's not as easy as it looks. Before zooming to 100% I thought I had missed him all together.

I also posted this on the Critique Forum.

Attachments

• _DSC2251-copy.jpg
    _DSC2251-copy.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 185
tominrom said:
This is my 1st eagle photo. We don't normally have eagles in this part of NY. I heard one was seen at a nearby lake. I drove to the lake and got there just at the right time. He was approximately 1/2 mile away. I used a D70 with 80-400 VR zoomed all the way out (600mm equivalent) and then did a 100% crop in Photoshop. Its not real good but he did not stay around very long. This was the 1st time I tried to photograph a bird in flight. It's not as easy as it looks. Before zooming to 100% I thought I had missed him all together.

I hope I didn't make a mistake by posting a photo here. I just looked at some other threads and did not see any photo's. Is there a policy on posting photo's on forums other than the photography/camera related forums??

1st Eagle photo.

tominrom said:

Bald Eagle (adult)

That's a keeper tom You can honestly show it to someone and it is no doubt an eagle not a patch of blue with a dark wing tip.
Sam

To answer your question, Tom, on the posting of photos in the forums, absolutely you can. Unlike the Gallery, where there is a 3-photo-per-24-hour-period limit, there is no such limit in the forums or for the Bird Database.

Look forward to seeing more of your photographing efforts! :t:

graham.v said:
Bald Eagle (adult)

alot of white on the underwing coverts to be full adult. looks like subadult 4 even tho tail and head show white there is still alot of white under the wing.

oh yeah, nice photo, keep trying it'll get easier. in flight shots are the toughest.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back