• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 10 x 42 SE (1 Viewer)

If it's of any help to anyone, I've contacted Nikon Spares UK and they are able to obtain the eyecup for the 8x30 Eii, at a price of £7.66 per pair including VAT and UK postage. The part number is NV-BXA30360, and you'll need two of them.

I know it doesn't necessarily help folks across the Pond, but I've found Nikon UK to be very helpful in my dealings with them.

Today I found a small parcel on my front porch. It was from Nikon. Inside the box were two individually packaged rubber eyecups for the Superior E 10x42 binoculars. Free of charge! I am stunned.

This means at the very least that the part still exists within the Nikon universe. For me, it means that I likely will not need this part again for my binoculars during my lifetime.

I have no idea whether this means additionally that other people can request the same part from Nikon.

Classic Nikon customer service. It seems you benefited from lack of coordination on the new policy not to ship that part, so the electronic request went out as it would have in the past. Treat w/ArmorAll and you should be good for a very long time.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back