• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sichuan Moth IDs (1 Viewer)

Andrew Whitehouse

Professor of Listening
Supporter
Scotland
Following a recent theme, I have some moth photos from Longcanggou, Sichuan in early June this year. We found large numbers of moths on the ground around the lights near the visitor centre. Not sure what the altitude is there but maybe 2000-2500 asl.

I'll go through the moths one by one. This is number 1. Approximate IDs are okay!

Attachments

• Moth 1_Longcanggou_040618.jpg
    Moth 1_Longcanggou_040618.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 19
Moth 3 - different individuals but I think the same species.

Attachments

• Moth 3_Longcanggou_040618a.jpg
    Moth 3_Longcanggou_040618a.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Moth 3_Longcanggou_040618b.jpg
    Moth 3_Longcanggou_040618b.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 13
Moth 13 - looks like another hawkmoth.
Moth 14 - some sort of Geometrid (a bit out of focus).

Attachments

• Moth 13_Moth 14_Longcanggou_030618.jpg
    Moth 13_Moth 14_Longcanggou_030618.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 18
Following a recent theme, I have some moth photos from Longcanggou, Sichuan in early June this year. We found large numbers of moths on the ground around the lights near the visitor centre. Not sure what the altitude is there but maybe 2000-2500 asl.

I'll go through the moths one by one. This is number 1. Approximate IDs are okay!

#1 Samia cynthia?

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back