• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler and Other, Cambodia, Phnom Penh Jan 2020 (1 Viewer)

snapperx5

Two unidentifiable birds seen on the outskirts of Phnom Penh in Jan 2020

Pic 1 - A blur picture of odd bird
Pic 2- 5 Leaf Warbler seen outside Phnom Penh

Attachments

• unknown1.JPG
    unknown1.JPG
    346.6 KB · Views: 51
  • warbler-cam1.jpg
    warbler-cam1.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 24
  • warbler-cam2.JPG
    warbler-cam2.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 27
  • warbler-cam3.JPG
    warbler-cam3.JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 29
  • warbler-cam4.JPG
    warbler-cam4.JPG
    418.3 KB · Views: 20
1. could be Asian Brown Flycatcher but I haven't seen one cocking its tail like that.

It's tricky to judge the posture in this single photo. If the photos iss taken from below it may not be cocking the tail as much as it seems. The bird could also be raising it's tail while preparing to fly.

My impression is also that this could be Asian Brown Fly (eg seems to have a pale base to lower mandible, pale eyering and brown tail) but I think it is best left as flycatcher sp. from this single image.

Hi John

There was a Asian Brown Flycatcher in the area but I didn't realise it had the dark vent, as I normally only see the whitish chest and underside.

Thanks
How

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back