• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Most popular seed mix? (1 Viewer)

Chilt

I’ve got some no wheat seed mix and it wasn’t the cheap stuff, the birds don’t really seem to be that interested in it! Any suggestions on what seed mix you guys use for popularity :)

Thanks

Chilt

Depends what birds you wish to attract, and during summer a lot of species are sourcing as natural a food source as possible. Millet for sparrows, sunflower hearts and peanut nibs for finches and tits, soft fruits or similar for blackbirds and thrushes, robins and dunnocks. Starlings, pigeons and doves will take whatever is on offer.

Hi

I always go for something suet based rather than just the seed. Seems to be more popular.

Well to be honest! I’ve got a big selection of food for them, I have!
Nyger seed
Sunflower hearts
Insect fastballs (which the blue tits do like)
No wheat seed mix
Dried mealworms
Nuts

They have just always never really ate the mixed seed, changed it from cheap to expensive, may be the feeder, thinking of getting a CJ one with the perching rings.

Thanks

Chilt

I have a no mess mix that I use in certain feeders that consists of shelled peanuts, sunflower hearts, fine cracked corn, white millet that is very popular with the birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back