• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HELP - CF card disaster! (1 Viewer)

Keebs

If I fire off enough shots, maybe just one of 'em
So after shooting over 9Gb this morning, using my usual card reader to transfer the files to my MacBook - it wouldn't mount.

After a couple of failed attempts I put the card back in the camera and now that doesn't see the shots either.

Now both MacBook and camera show the capacity as 23Gb - it's a 32Gb card so I'm sure the shots are still there, just not indexed or in a folder that neither can see.

What do I do now without risking losing the lot - there are a couple of real belters on there I'm sure.

Thanks for any help you can give guys

:t:

Thanks for the quick reply - sorted now - phew!

Deep scan with wondershare file recovery mostly did the trick.
Handful of corrupt files which I might be able to sort, but got the one I wanted.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back