• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of Lowes Ospreys (1 Viewer)

Web cams

The Web Broadcasting Corporation / Wildlife TV Broadcast all of the webcams on the website free of any cost including most of the cameras and equipment. The biggest cost is the bandwidth that you use when you log into the webcams.

If you access the webcams other than through WBC/Wildlife TV
we lose visitors and potential advertisers. If we are unable to generate income we will be unable to Broadcast your favorite webcams.

Accessing the webcams through WBC/Wildlife TV is just one extra click. It also guarantees that the webcams will stay on. It also allows you to access all the Wildlife webcams on the site.

I can now usually access the Loch of the Lowes webcam on: http://www.thewebbroadcastingcorporation.com/ Cam 1

but for Loch Garten, I can access it on:
http://www.rspb.org.uk/webcams/birdsofprey/lochgartenvideo.asp

Do you also offer the Loch Garten site?

Happy to do whatever helps keep the pictures coming for so many people.
Thanks to all the Team, whoever and wherever you are!

Browsers

I have both Mozilla, which I tend to use most, and Internet Explorer. But I have more success with the latter....and only just realised!!

Hello again,

We try only to do one species of Wildlife at a time, the exception will be the USA Osprey. The reason for that is that there will be other great Wildlife from Indian River Bay, the nest sites location, such as Bald Eagle, Brown Eagle and to many more to mention, as soon as the new PTZ that we are sending them is in stalled.

My location on the website is Denbury Farm.

First of all - Thanks Mods.

secondly - this is the latest from the SWT Warden.

28 April 2008
Welcome to a slightly damp new instalment of the osprey diary! After a fantastic weekend the weather has become, to use the Scottish phrase, “a wee bit dreich”. It’s quite wet but the ospreys are coping fine.

We wish to thank everyone who has contacted us with concern that the female has not been fed but we can assure you all that the male is bringing in fish. He does tend to bring meals in at rather sporadic intervals, but this is entirely natural. To a two-foot tall bird a good-sized trout goes a long way.

Despite being exposed to the elements in the nest, the pair is looking well and healthy and they are doing a grand job of taking care of their eggs. We are now reaching the half-way point, so hopefully it won’t be long until we are hearing the pitter-patter of tiny talons… or at least the chirping of three very hungry little ospreys!

I see there is another osprey cam from Delaware on the Web Broadcasting Corporation site, -it's on the bottom row of icons on the cams page. Shows the nest from a slightly different angle to usual.

Has she pooped on the camera? Its not been raining here in Edinburgh which isn't that far away so if its rain it will dry. If its poop I don't know what they will do. They should make windscreen wiper type things LOL.

Has she pooped on the camera? Its not been raining here in Edinburgh which isn't that far away so if its rain it will dry. If its poop I don't know what they will do. They should make windscreen wiper type things LOL.

Hi Ann

It's not rained here either... but there were some awful black clouds a little while ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped something on the nest!

D

OSPREY WEBCAM at Loch of the Lowes

For those interested, the live webcam at Loch of the Lowes is one of the first in the UK to use a High Definition camera , 1080i lines 50fps. If you visit the Centre near Dunkeld you can see the "awesome " images on a 37" LCD Display. The streaming output on the web is just 240 x 180 x 25fps, however the audio can be excellent( ideally when the wind drops) because there are some clever microphones up that tree, I know I put them there with Keith Brockie in mid March. I learnt to abseil on the way down!

Today you could hear cuckoo, little grebe and goldcrest, sometimes you can hear blue tits tearing the wool off the mike cover!

Hope to stream some images from a Peregrine nest in late May, watch this space, by then hopefully the three osprey chicks will have hatched as well

If you like this webcam join SWT and help us get others!!
"the webcam designer"

Hi,

Welcome to BF and thank you for designing such a fabulous web cam. The sights and sounds are marvellous, far better than looking at still cameras. I once had a fright, I was looking at the nest and within a second I was soaring over the loch, I often wondered how near it was, now I know.

Thanks for the hours of pleasure you have given us Osprey watchers.

Ann :egghead:
The Osprey Godmother

For those interested, the live webcam at Loch of the Lowes is one of the first in the UK to use a High Definition camera , 1080i lines 50fps. If you visit the Centre near Dunkeld you can see the "awesome " images on a 37" LCD Display. The streaming output on the web is just 240 x 180 x 25fps, however the audio can be excellent( ideally when the wind drops) because there are some clever microphones up that tree, I know I put them there with Keith Brockie in mid March. I learnt to abseil on the way down!

Today you could hear cuckoo, little grebe and goldcrest, sometimes you can hear blue tits tearing the wool off the mike cover!

Hope to stream some images from a Peregrine nest in late May, watch this space, by then hopefully the three osprey chicks will have hatched as well

"the webcam designer"

I Heard the blue tits on Saturday LOLOL Is that what the noise was??? Cheeky wee beggers LOL. Thats made my day. The camera is brilliant this year. Round of applause from me.

Stressed!

We have our laptop showing the webcam broadcasts pretty well all the time. We too noticed the abandoned nest this evening for about 20 minutes. We have tried to find out how long eggs can be left during incubation but Googling doesn't bring any results.

She returned to the nest and resumed incubation but when the male arrived she wouldn't let him take over and chased him off. Was it her or him that left the eggs and is he bringing her food any more? Does anyone know what's going on - or is it just another birdy "tiff"?

Thanks.

~Sticks~

We have our laptop showing the webcam broadcasts pretty well all the time. We too noticed the abandoned nest this evening for about 20 minutes. We have tried to find out how long eggs can be left during incubation but Googling doesn't bring any results.

She returned to the nest and resumed incubation but when the male arrived she wouldn't let him take over and chased him off. Was it her or him that left the eggs and is he bringing her food any more? Does anyone know what's going on - or is it just another birdy "tiff"?

Thanks.

~Sticks~
Its been pretty warm in Scotland today, perhaps they can be more relaxed about leaving eggs uncovered in better weather. However the crows never ever seem to be that far away according to the microphones. Plus I know one crow in particular hangs about on the top of a dead pine tree near the nest.

Anyone know if any Scottish nests were robbed by Crows in the past? Bill

"the webcam designer"

Yes would like to add my thanks. I think this web cam is best I have come across, especially the sound this year. I was also wondering about the tap dance on the mic ;)
Into the bargain so is the Loch of the Lowes site :clap::clap::clap: I joined SWT I think 4 years ago during first visit to this remarkable site. Thouroughly recommend joing SWT to all. I also enjoy the peregrine site I assume to be the next project from Falls of Clyde although a bit more difficult for the unfit! Anyway keep up the good work and we will support in whatever way we can :t:

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know the diary has been updated. I have just had a look at the cam and the bird sitting on the nest is panting in the heat, must be a nice change from being cold and wet.

I am sure I heard a grouse too.

Ann
The Osprey Godmother :egghead:

Ann, im working in Airdrie this week, and have extended my stay so i can go to Dunkeld and see your Ospreys while i am here :)

Hi Ian,

You have picked a good week weather wise and I think Marge and Homer have a cooler looking nest, more trees, EJ was panting a lot when I looked at both cams earlier.

I have seen Homer keeping Marge company a lot more than I see Orange.

Ann they definitely seem a devoted couple you named them well.

Ann :egghead::flowers:
The Osprey Godmother

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back