• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dyfi Osprey Project (1 Viewer)

It certainly is Justin, and I can only repeat your footnote about helping the project by giving a small donation...every little helps!!!

Still can't get the live stream, tried most ways now - no luck I'm afraid. I think Adobe Flash is used (I've Windows XP) I've installed the latest Adobe update too. Can't quite understand what's gone wrong, all was running okay until about a week back, I can access the DOP page but all I see is the Aberystwyth University and Network Rail sponsorship logo's where the video stream should be/was?

Lets all hope Seren is just doing a woman thing :-O surely they can't have had a tiff already :eek!: :flowers:

I got the stream ok , but as previously reported once I closed the window there was still sound coming from the laptop, spooky:smoke:

Yes indeed Bill, the Dyfi Osprey Project is only a small charity and relies on kind donations from the general public, and every little helps! Thank you to those who have donated.

There have been major changes to the live streaming over the last week or so, with changes in resolution and the audio being put on. Thanks for your patience so far, but everyone involved are trying extremely hard to sort out all the problems. The server has crashed a couple of times this week which hasn't helped things but it's getting sorted.

I've asked the project manager what the latest is with the live streaming and will get back to you tomorrow afternoon/evening with hopefully some good news for you to be able to view the live stream again.

Everyone watch the live stream tomorrow! Seren hasn't been seen since 15:50 to the best of my knowledge, so it's an important day tomorrow for Monty and the project as to whether she is still around or has, in fact, moved on, which is a sad thought.

Again, thank you to all that view and donate to the project, and please, those who haven't so far, give what you can, it all goes towards a fantastic cause - thank you very much.

http://www.dyfiospreyproject.com/stream

Well I donated online a few weeks ago.

I sent a card with a donation to welcome Monty back as I do ever year.

I have a card in front of me to Welcome Seren to Dyfi which I intend to send with a donation.

Well I donated online a few weeks ago.

I sent a card with a donation to welcome Monty back as I do ever year.

I have a card in front of me to Welcome Seren to Dyfi which I intend to send with a donation.

That's very very generous of you Tiger. I believe they know you at the Dyfi Osprey Project, but on behalf of everyone involved, a very big thank you indeed!

Seren arrived back today at 09:13 this morning. I wonder where she'd been? There has been more mating activity today which is always a good sign. Monty has only managed to bring in relatively small fish today; one of which was so small, it got lost in the nest as it fell through the sticks! With Seren constantly nagging, Monty has been busy today. Seren is on the live streaming now eating a Flounder.

Thanks Justin, I'm sure all will be resolved shortly with the technical difficulties, I'm still keeping updated via DOP Facebook and obviously right here in the meantime...:t:

Must say I'm relieved to know that Seren is back, hope she does'nt stay out all night on a regular basis |8.|

Not a problem Bill, let me know when you can get the live streaming. If you still can't get onto it, I will try again and find out what else you could do. Yes, the DOP Facebook page is kept well up to date, with people commenting on what they see on the live stream, as well as the updates by the project manager, and I try to keep this thread updated daily with what's going on at the project and with the birds. So relieved to see Seren back this morning - the signs are looking good now.

That's very very generous of you Tiger. I believe they know you at the Dyfi Osprey Project, but on behalf of everyone involved, a very big thank you indeed!

I think they do know me quite well. I was there right at the front on Sunday 5 June 2011 the most famous day in DOP history.

I think they do know me quite well. I was there right at the front on Sunday 5 June 2011 the most famous day in DOP history.

Ah, very famous indeed! The birth date of my favourite Osprey that! Must have been a special day for you that sticks in the memory!

Still Osprey coming through South Wales, one seen with fish at Llandegfedd Reservoir, near Pontypool, Gwent this morning. This water is an important stop over for Osprey and it's not too far from the River Usk, which birds often follow on their migration journey both ways.

Wow has Seren got some vocals on her :eek!: I've got a feeling she might just be a bit demanding of poor Monty ;)

Yes, a busy day on 'Birdguides' for Ospreys today - 10 reports, which is many more than the last week or so as the breeding birds have returned.

Seren has certainly spent most of her time so far food soliciting! She was thin when she arrived at the Dyfi but Monty has done extremely well in bringing in fish for her and she has now fed up. However, there has been no sign of Seren today since around 8am, which is worrying. However, she disappeared a couple of days ago for a whole afternoon before returning back the following morning, so we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Bill - can you access the live streaming yet?

Still no luck with live streaming Justin, is anyone else having similar troubles?

The saga gets forever stranger, yet another female arrived on Monty's nest this afternoon, she was wearing a Darvic Ring (Blue FS) on her left leg, meaning it's a Scottish lassie (in Wales and England the right leg is ringed).

Concern's being raised about Seren's whereabouts (again!!!)...I don't think I can keep up with all the coming and goings :news:

Still no luck with live streaming Justin, is anyone else having similar troubles?

The saga gets forever stranger, yet another female arrived on Monty's nest this afternoon, she was wearing a Darvic Ring (Blue FS) on her left leg, meaning it's a Scottish lassie (in Wales and England the right leg is ringed).

Concern's being raised about Seren's whereabouts (again!!!)...I don't think I can keep up with all the coming and goings :news:

I am getting the cam fine.

Ah, very famous indeed! The birth date of my favourite Osprey that! Must have been a special day for you that sticks in the memory!

Ah I can remember a lot of dates over many years. Sunday 5 June 2011 did not start well at all. It looked as if both the first two eggs had failed and we were going to have to head home without the hatching that we had planned for. We decided to call in one last time to see a team member and after 20 minutes Nora got up and there was a crack in one of the eggs. The second one it so happened. Later there was a crack in the first egg too, the one that was 42 days old.

I was away from home yesterday - a bird watching day that resulted in seeing many of the summer migrants for the first time this year (e.g Swift, Whitethroat). Also, it resulted in a Western Subalpine Warbler and a Woodchat Shrike down at St. David's Head. Later on, the commons of St. Davids (Dowrog common on this occasion), resulted in a Short-eared Owl and 2 Cuckoos. It was an excellent day out.

When I got the call that another female Osprey had arrived at Dyfi, I just could not believe it. But indeed, it was true, and the 3 year old bird was rung on the 14th of July 2010, near Dores, Loch Ness, Scotland. This means she will be a first time breeder. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that she now stays here and makes the Dyfi her home for the summer.

Please could you all donate anything you can, it's your generosity that keeps the project running and gives them the ability to feed you with all the twists and turns of an Osprey's breeding season. Thank you.

Ah I can remember a lot of dates over many years. Sunday 5 June 2011 did not start well at all. It looked as if both the first two eggs had failed and we were going to have to head home without the hatching that we had planned for. We decided to call in one last time to see a team member and after 20 minutes Nora got up and there was a crack in one of the eggs. The second one it so happened. Later there was a crack in the first egg too, the one that was 42 days old.

I'm sure you can, there's some real special ones. I remember, we did not expect the first egg to hatch and our attentions were turned to the second egg, but like you say, when a crack was found in the second egg, the whole place erupted I'm sure. When a crack was then found in the first egg, I bet it was just one of those magic moments in life where one should experience it at least once.

Thanks for the feedback Tiger, can't understand what's happened, but the DOP tech team are supposed to be putting out some info over the weekend regarding 'troubleshooting' any live stream probs.

Yes, read the blog Bill and if you are still having problems, let me know and I'll try and find out what's wrong for you. However, all the problems should be sorted now.

Many Thanks lads, I've looked at the blog and now fully understand what went wrong. I can get live-streaming with Firefox but it's not my default browser, my default is Internet Explorer 8, and this is not compatible with DOP live-streaming, it's the latest browser for WindowsXP (which is my operating system)...so if your using WindowsXP you should consider using Firefox to access live-streaming. No problems if you use Internet Explorer 9 or 10 both can get live-streaming, IE9 is the latest browser for Windows7 and IE10 is the latest browser for Windows8.

Hope this clears up any future problems for those wanting to see all the exciting things going on at the Dyfi Osprey Project and have WindowsXP.

My WindowsXP PC has almost used up all it's hard disc space :'D and is generally off the pace now and so I'm about to invest in a new PC and must decide which operating system to use Windows 7 or 8. Whichever, I'm now informed that either will provide a super live-stream from DOP. In the meantime I'll use Firefox to catch up...:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back