• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Kites (1 Viewer)

Cute indeed Helen and worth waiting for! Thanks for posting. You will here all the aaaahhhhhs very soon I would think ;)

helenol said:
Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry for the late response!

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of two kites that may well be up in your area now.

I still need to get some more info, but here are the pics anyway. AND TAKE CARE OF THEM UP THERE, FOR US, WILL 'YA! ;)

For obvious reasons, I can't say exactly where they are from, but these pics were taken when the birds were being ringed and wingtagged (wing tagged for those staying in the Chilterns).

Could I also ask you most kindly not to use these pics without prior permission.

Cheers
Aren't they just so cute!

Oh thank you, thank you Helen .........You're an angel o:D

Do you think you will be able to find their individual ring identification, then I can definitely find out if we have either of them here.
May I send these images to our Project Administrator - with the request that you have made.
They are super pics.........it would be a real coincidence if one of them turned out to be Phoenix :-O

well worth the wait Helen - fantastic!

im looking forward to seeing the next batch over the skies of gateshead, woo hoo!!!

Newsflash

Marmot said:
I think one should be called Salty. :-O

Can you arrange it June :loveme:

I doubt if my magic wand would work on this one but.............

:news:

Watch Look North tomorrow evening (6 July, which is our Wedding Anniversary!) and you might see something interesting about the Kites.

It was worth a try.

Will check Look North out June, its seems as if the local BBC are bothered in the Kites but the local ITV don't give a damn.

Happy Anniversary June & Leonard, it was ours on Monday

Not having any of that Mr L - Mr Richie is a very steady, in fact some might say hesitant driver!

The same people say the moon is made of green cheese though ;-)

S

I can't help feeling that this thread should perhaps be in the Birds of Prey forum rather than here in the Members Notice Board; that way it may well receive a wider audience (Guests can view the BOP forum, but not the members notice board).

June Atkinson said:
I doubt if my magic wand would work on this one but.............

:news:

Watch Look North tomorrow evening (6 July, which is our Wedding Anniversary!) and you might see something interesting about the Kites.

Looks like the potential tourism from 2012 was more important.And i missed my early evening nap, routine is upset now, no hot chocolate left in cupboard,........ :gn:

Ray

Last edited:
Release for real

rayl said:
Looks like the potential tourism from 2012 was more important.And i missed my early evening nap, routine is upset now, no hot chocolate left in cupboard,........ :gn:

Ray

:scribe:
Yes, sorry about that.

A batch of new kite chicks was to have been released this morning, and it was mentioned in the icNewcastle News this morning.
But the weather was too bad, and the release was cancelled.

So.....watch this space for news
:clap:

Last edited:
if a kite were to be named after me, i would be overjoyed to say the least!

lets get a petition started June......... salty the kite sounds fab!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back