• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Putting digital/electronic signatures on images (1 Viewer)

MURAMURA

I read some where that a digital signature can be imbeded in an image for copyright reasons
does any one know how it is done preferably in gimp or if not in adobe photoshop 7
thanks

hmm google brought up this plugin for gimp but you'd have to compile it yourself. There's a book out there at amazon that seems to cover that topic but since I haven't read it that's all i can say.

luni said:
hmm google brought up this plugin for gimp but you'd have to compile it yourself. There's a book out there at amazon that seems to cover that topic but since I haven't read it that's all i can say.

I think that plugin is for a rather old version of the gimp - I just quickly tried compiling it on a Suse box with Gimp 2.2 libraries on it, and it wasn't having it at all.

cuckooroller said:
Muramura,

Try this: http://www.digiscoped.com/Digiscopingwithphotoshop.html

scroll down to the section "Making a Copyright Banner Brush",
Or what about this method by Janee for creating the copyright brush, thing is once done can quickly and easily be applied time and again, I created an action for doing this, you can then use the automate command in Photoshop and apply it to a whole set of images automatically. :cool:

stuartlawrie said:
Or what about this method by Janee for creating the copyright brush, thing is once done can quickly and easily be applied time and again, I created an action for doing this, you can then use the automate command in Photoshop and apply it to a whole set of images automatically. :cool:

Hi Stuart,
Is there a link for Janee's Method somewhere? Certainly it would be better to do it in batches.

Hi Stuart,
Is there a link for Janee's Method somewhere? Certainly it would be better to do it in batches.

Searching I cannot find a link to this method. I am trying to create an action in photoshop to add my name to the image. Anybody got any ideas please

Thanks

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back