• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Copenhagen and North Sjælland - late April (1 Viewer)

gmax

Sontium Dweller
Hello everybody,

the wife and I are planning a short trip to Copenhagen area and North Sjælland at the end of April. We'll hire a car and are quite free to move around.

Main goal for trip is for some reason (unknown to me) not birdwatching (;)) but I'd like to squeeze in a few birding hotspots as well

I'd be glad to get some advice re. best places to stop - I'm particularly interested in shorebirds/seabirds ...

Thank you very much in advance,

Max

On both my last two visits to Copenhagen, I visited Kalvebod Fælled, which is a large reserve on Amager. Both visits were pretty interesting - one was in December, when the highlight was watching a Hen harrier hunting low over the grassland; and the other was in June, when the highlight was the number of warblers around.

But I would warn you that it is BIG! My first visit, I parked in the car park near the visitor centre, and for my second visit, I was staying in a hotel nearby. So both times, I was exploring the reserve on foot..... and I think I managed to cover less than 10% of the reserve!

Thank you, looks like a terrific place to visit! A marshland almost in the middle of the city ... wow! :t:

Nice thread would like to bump it
I am here in Copenhagen right now and will stay until December 31
Are there any specific suggestions of birds to watch in this season, preferably in Copenhagen or very close to?
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back