• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod adapter for porro bino? (1 Viewer)

tenex

reality-based
I have a simple tripod adapter like a mini-C-clamp that goes on the hinge post of a porro binocular, but it's awkward because it only fits with the glass upside-down (there's no room to get it on otherwise, even with the hinge opened, and it's not really tall enough to work anyway). So the bridge gets in the way of one's nose, and the diopter has to be reversed. Does anyone know of a better model?

Look at the Opticron range of tripod adapters.
Maybe there is a more suitable version.
There are several different types that attach to the axle.

The full bottom support models work the best with any binocular, both porro and roof prism.

The Berlebach model mentioned works very well for both types, and another is the BogPod support, and
that one works best for roof prism styles, for heavy models including the big 15x60 types.

The Nikon binoc-u-mount is good, but is better for smaller binoculars.

I have tried several, the hinge mounted types do not do as well for steadiness, and that is what
we prefer..

For the Berlebach, Mr. Star Guy. That is the place to go, astronomers do not settle for less.

Jerry

Thanks, all. I'm used to a hinge mount (since I was quite young) and think I just found what I want, a model Nikon made for the SE series.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back