• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dartford Warbler (1 Viewer)

tommy10k

Hi, i'm currently completing an undergraduate geography dissertation, in short it will be looking at the dartford warbler and how far north in the UK it might disperse under a change in climate. However i have a problem i know that the bird only really exists along the south coast so it must be just warm enough for it their but at what temperature can the bird not really live at, does anyone know a threshold temperature for the bird to survive?

Sorry i know it might seem like an aweful question but if anyone has got any ideas that would be great.

Tom

Hi Tom,
I do'nt know if this helps at all but I have seen these great birds several times on Dunwich heath which is close to Minsmere in Suffolk and it can get pretty cold there in the Winter.

Max.

Dartford warblers are no longer just on the south coast. They have spread to South Wales and Norfolk. Considering that Norfolk winters can be harsher than West coast winters much further north, I doubt if there are climatic reasons preventing their spread further up the west coast of Britain.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back